To live my life as it's meant to be
[html]

Word Count → 3+ :: slowalaineee <3

She relaxed in the company of the man, tired emerald eyes watching him with a fondness born from familiarity. Although the pair had not spent frequent time in each other's company, Alaine considered him a close member of her immediate pack family. The Aatte night was very likeable, with his generous smile and kind eyes. Fatherhood suited him, just as motherhood suited her.

For a long time, Alaine had thought herself incapable of being a mother again. Since Caillen had left, she had been resigned to the loneliness of her duties as pack Apothecary. Gabriel de le Poer had given her a miracle in the form of offspring - She did not know of the invisible ties between her beloved children and his halfbrothers, but would have worried little of it had she known. The Infernian King did not belong to her, and their relationship was a complex albeit continually fleeting one.

His words on adoption warmed her heart. "I am glad you feel that way, Haven," The colliewoman nodded her head in agreement, "Many see blood as the most important thing. But it is love that counts." She believed in this, firmly. Family was made by the heart, not by the blood. Those who considered otherwise seemed foolishly narcissistic to the healer.

His latter suggestion brightened her features. "That would be most wonderful," A latent thought occurred to her, and the Apothecary's face became somewhat more serious. "That reminds me. I must ask a favor of you and your lovely mate, Princess" As she spoke, her small white daughter finished sniffing the boy, and apparently appeased, rolled over onto her back. The mother's emerald eyes watched her warmly, although her voice remained politely serious. "Do you think, perhaps, that you wouldn't overly mind babysitting for me sometimes? What with my duty, I must spend more time that I would like away from the hotel, and it makes me nervous to think of them as being alone."

<style>
.al-txtsun-box {background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/gifts/2011f ... raldic.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position: top center; width:190px; height:200px; float:right; margin:3px; }
.al-txtsun {font-family:'times new roman', times, serif; font-size: 14px; letter-spacing:0px; word-spacing:2px; text-align: left; margin:0px 25px;}
.al-txtsun .ooc {font-style:italic; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:11px; text-align:justify;}
.al-txtsun .wc {text-transform: uppercase; font-weight:bold;}
.al-txtsun p {text-indent: 25px; margin:0px; padding:0px 5px;}
.al-txtsun b {letter-spacing:1px; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; letter-spacing:-.05em;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread