Home Sweet Home
[html]

Word Count :: 524 Herp. XD

The stranger approached immediately, coming rather close to her. Her single golden eye followed him suspiciously, confusion falling over her face until she realized his intent, at which point she simply relaxed. He spoke his smells, and she remained quiet, head turned over her shoulder to study the expression of the male. The next word he spoke did ring true and caused her to lift the brow over her good eye, scarred face showing interest.

“No. I have never been. Maybe my daughter, Eris,” she suggested, rolling her shoulder in a shrug. She did not know how similarly she and Eris smelled; her own scent was dulled and far too familiar for her to be able to pick specific qualities of it. “Is that where you're from, then?” the hybrid said, leaning forward to sniff him in introduction, albeit more awkwardly and with less vigor than she had. Upon reeling back, the old hybrid's face was split into a grin that could quite nearly be described as nervous.

“Kaena Lykoi. Your manner of greeting -- it shouldn't be so strange, but most seem to prefer another method these days,” she said. “Not that I find it odd,” she added quickly, lifting her palms as if to show her intention not to offend. “It's what we did for as long as we were called canines.” She was old enough to remember the era when the Optime form had not been so common, when many did not even know of or possess the Luperci trait. Then, Imacai's sort of greeting had been the norm -- upon discovering their hands, however, many Luperci had moved to a new method of greeting.

The hybrid listened carefully to his words, her coal-shaded ears pricking to take in his thick accent. It coated his words like honey, oozing off of his tongue in a slow, thick slur. She generally did not have difficulty deciphering accents, and his was no different -- there was a beautiful, nearly melodious quality to the strange sounds of his words. She found herself rather enamored with his manner of speech -- brief and clipped but with such a lovely tone. Her eyes followed his gesture to the equine browsing the mansion's tall grasses. The horse was large and muscular, its features thick and tipped with long, flowing hair in places.

“Yes, that's a lovely animal -- he looks pretty damn cared for,” the hybrid said, noting the silky and long mane and tail and how much time Imacai had to devote to keeping it clean and untangled. “I think this would be a good place for a barn, though. Lots of coyotes live in there,” Kaena said, tossing her russet muzzle toward the mansion. “The fence around the yard would help, too. Is this enough room for the horses to roam?” she asked, indicating the D'Neville yard as a whole. While the front gate was wide open, the hybrid presumed the ample lawns would be plenty of room for the animals to be let loose. Imacai (or another concerned horse owner) could always construct a wooden gate, too -- it would not be so difficult.

<style type="text/css">
.kaena-x01 b {font-weight:bold; color:#000000; letter-spacing:1px; }
.kaena-x01 .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.kaena-x01 p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.kaena-x01 {margin:0px auto; width:450px; background-color:none; background-image:url(http://i1047.photobucket.com/albums/b47 ... aenax1.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:none; padding: 10px 0px 165px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#111111; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread