my bird's bones make a hollow sound.
[html]

Word Count → 463 Ugh, dug this up out of the archive. Totally up to you as to whether to continue; if you wanted to just wrap it up really quickly...? I have apparently zero muse for Kae. .___. I'm terribly sorry about this, fff. <3333

the sun will never shine on this cold dead heart of mine

Upon returning to Inferni, the silver-shaded hybrid did not enjoy a fond introduction to Phoenix Valley -- she had found one member deep in their territory, and she had chased two... or three? Or had it been one? Her memory was fading quickly, and she could not truly recall. There had been at least one canine of Phoenix Valley she had forcibly removed from Inferni territory, and it was only in recent memory that her opinion had even changed. None of their wolf neighbors made her comfortable; she much preferred AniWaya to the south, or even Crimson Dreams -- she'd met only a few of their members in the time since her return, and certainly none who had trespassed.

Rendall was a different story than most of Phoenix Valley -- though she had indeed attacked a friend of the pale-faced woman, she had been forgiven. This was not without a price, of course, and she figured it was long time for someone of the valley to come collecting. Favors weren't free, after all, and Jefferson had saved her life with no obligation to. She nodded at the woman and offered a faint smile that faded quickly, though it was more than she usually offered. To her partner she offered a brief nod, and she shifted her gaze back to the woman, lifting the eyebrow above her good eye in surprise. “What's happened?” she asked. Though she might not have been concerned with Phoenix Valley before, the hybrid held an obligation to them now. It was better than owing Dahlia de Mai something, at least.

The hybrid listened intently and nodded once or twice to show she was following along. When Rendall finished speaking, the coyote glanced at Kami, who seemed to have nothing to add, and then returned her one-eyed gaze to Rendall, studying her for a moment. “The storms were hard on all of us, yes. But Inferni doesn't deal with livestock -- the horses here are personal possessions of the members,” she offered apologetically. “Our greenhouse withstood the weather. Anselm built it well,” the coyote added thoughtfully, tilting her head to the side and considering. “We have medicinal plants, perhaps. And, if it helps you any, AniWaya does have livestock,” the hybrid said, offering this tidbit of information rather freely.

“If you'd like to see what we have -- I couldn't tell you -- come with me? Your friend should stay here,” the hybrid said. The request was polite but rather firm; she would not be bringing two foreign canines into Inferni's midst today. She did not think she could handle the bigger one if he decided to become impolite himself. She trusted Rendall to remain immaculate of manner, of course -- the woman hadn't shown herself to be untrustworthy before.

<style>
.kae-thorntxt {font-family:'palatino linotype', palatino, georgia, serif; font-size: 14px; line-height:18px; letter-spacing:0px; word-spacing:2px; text-align: left; margin:0px 25px; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/HIS1G.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:0px 0px 0px 0px; margin:0px auto; width:500px; }
.kae-thorntxt .ooc {font-style:italic; font-size:11px; text-align:justify; border-bottom:1px solid #000000; margin:5px auto; padding:10px 0px; width:100%;}
.kae-thorntxt .tagline {font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:14px; text-transform:uppercase; text-align:center; padding:10px 0px; }
.kae-thorntxt .tagline .sub { font-size:14px; font-weight:bold; font-style:italic;}
.kae-thorntxt .wc {text-transform: uppercase; font-weight:bold; font-style:normal;}
.kae-thorntxt p {text-indent: 25px; margin:0px; padding:0px 15px;}
.kae-thorntxt b { letter-spacing:-.05em;}
.kae-thorntxt u {text-decoration: none; border-bottom:1px dotted #000000; font-style:italic; font-variantConfusedmall-caps;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread