a kiss for sleeping beauty
[html]

The smile on Krystalle's lips at her question made Faryn's tail swish back and forth for a moment, glad that she had asked a good question. Having had so much experience with her questions being met with anger, positive reactions were exceptionally exciting to the young girl. As the older female started explaining the story, Faryn absentmindedly crouched beside her, her imagination picturing the characters in the story, despite the fact that Krystalle was only giving a brief summary. Her youthful curiosity was absolutely absorbed in the story. Perhaps having been deprived of a real childhood made the discovery of such things as fairy tales more enjoyable for her. Krystalle was lucky to have had a parent that would tell her stories, not one who beat her and blamed her for her mother's death.

The memory of her father brought an air of sadness to her visage as Faryn went from crouching to completely sitting on the ground beside the Horzana woman, her ears drooping. "My dad wasn't one for storytelling. He didn't like me much," she replied, not really wanting to delve into the whole experience but at the same time thinking that talking about it might help. Her abusive, drunkard of a father had been a large factor influencing her present state of being, the other large factor being the cruel male who he sold her to. It was wonderful now that she had escaped, for now she would have the opportunity to heal and grow into the woman she was meant to be. Only time would tell. For now she was content to admire Krystalle's writing. Though she could not decipher the symbols, the whole process of writing the story fascinated her. "I'll have to learn to read so I can read your story when it's done.," she mused quietly so as to not interrupt Krystalle.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread