a kiss for sleeping beauty
[html]

The memory of her father lingered in her mind even as she watched Krystalle write, though the blonde haired girl her best not to let it dampen her mood too much. She was enjoying this particular social experience. Krystalle was content to write, and she could sit and watch. They had exchanged words periodically, but for the most part the experience was educating Faryn in proper, pleasant social behavior at an easy pace.

When Faryn mentioned learning to read, she had not thought it would produce such an excited reaction from Krystalle. Frankly, the delicate girl was startled by the flood of enthusiasm pouring from the writer's mouth. She wanted to teach her? The Tahra girl was unsure of how to respond. No one had ever offered to teach her anything. "R-really? Y-you'd teach me?," she stammered in disbelief, still not sure if she had fully understood Krystalle's excited chatter. A few moments passed with Faryn sitting there, brow furrowed and her cautious brain running the scenario over and over in her mind. Reading could be a useful thing to learn. She would not only be able to read Krystalle's story, but other books too, in time. Books had all sorts of information in them, didn't they? That meant she'd be able to learn even more new things. The more and more the wolfdog thought about it, the more she liked the idea. Learning to read would be even better with such a nice person as Krystalle as her teacher. Of course, she barely knew the Horzana woman, but she seemed like a genuinely nice person. "Sure, Krystalle. I think I'd like that," it would take a long time, no doubt, but Faryn had lots of time. Of course, the excitement of the moment had left her forgetting part of the reason she had come to this area, and her drug addiction that held her captive. But fate seemed content to let Faryn be excited for a change, not anxious and fearful like she normally was.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread