[Joining] ~ Lost in the snow.
Hello! ^_^ This is my first attempt at this kind of thing, so I Just wanted to say hi before I start. Any guidance you can offer is greatly welcomed. Big Grin

Out of Character.

1. Character Name: Velvet Fox.
2. Character Birth date (including year): 1st July 2010. (8 months old)
3. Whether s/he is a regular wolf or a Luperci: Regular wolf.
4. Species: Arctic Wolf. -- ( Canis lupus arctos)
5. Gender: Female.
6. Currently played characters: This is my first character. Big Grin
7. How you found 'Souls: A friend recommended it to me.

9. Initial post - In Character.

Velvet emitted yet another silent yawn, her warm breath fogged the freezing air ever so slightly, feeling the soft crunch of leaves and snow below her paws as she lumbered onward. She had been wandering aimlessly through the snowy landscape for several days now -- No, maybe it was weeks. She couldn’t remember. She had been quietly attempting to avoid confrontations with more powerful canines for the best part of her journey, and by now she was heavily fatigued and craving a fresh, un-frozen meal.

The snow that had enveloped the landscape in a sheet of white reminded her of home. Her thick, fleecy, silver coat made her hard to spot against the snow, but it shielded her from the chilling wind that almost swept her sideways. Her slender frame retained a steady quiver that she couldn’t seem to cease, but she was not cold. She was afraid. She knew that she was close to pack territory, and she found herself wishing that she had somewhere else to go, but by now she was lost. She wasn’t very large for her age, and her self-confidence was also lacking in size, so the thought of meeting other wolves made her blood run cold with fear. However, she knew that this was a fear that she had to face, not every individual was malicious, and she needed to see that, but the idea of joining a pack was still frightening to her. She needed a place to call home again.

A faint sent abruptly drifted to her nose, and immediately she hesitated. She had finally reached the borderline of another pack’s territory. Velvet instinctively turned her head away, considering if she should turn back. What if they didn’t like her? What if she didn’t like them? She trembled timidly at the thought. She couldn’t help pondering the negatives of life in a pack, her pessimistic nature insisted that she consider what could go wrong. Growing tired of struggling to survive alone, she had to believe that maybe pack-life would be best for her, no matter who the members turned out to be.

Velvet’s ears reclined slowly and her head lowered as she turned her body back towards the boarder. She was nervous of meeting other canines, very nervous, but she knew that she had to face them eventually. Mustering up the most of her courage she drew a deep breath, and without thinking any further, she howled in a timid but clear voice that echoed off into the distance. She then stood obediently firm, despite the biting wind that whipped her snowy fur, as if awaiting a form of royalty to emerge from across the landscape, for what else could she do now?

Promising herself that she wouldn’t run away, no matter what creature came to greet her, she simply hoped that she had made the right decision.

Messages In This Thread