A Hunt (Of Sorts)
:3 I didn't mind the wait at all. <3

The unexpected voice caused Moonglow to startle, shying away even as she turned to face the potential threat with fangs bared. Her fear was obvious from the low crouch she settled into, the better to protect her vulnerable stomach, tail tucked tight between her legs and ears pressed firmly back.

Moonglow had been set upon by other animals when scavenging many times, so the response was all but instinctive now. It took a moment to connect this stranger wolf to the pack she was now guest to. She was reluctant to move from her defensive position, however. The male was large and very powerful looking; if she stood she'd present a larger target and make it far easier for the other to flip her over and expose her soft underbelly to his teeth. Moonglow knew it didn't matter, she was weak and would be easy prey regardless.

A nervous shiver lifted the fur along her spine slightly as she eased out of her hostile baring and into a more apologetic one; her recent meal feeling stone heavy in her stomach. Avoiding the male's eyes, she couldn't be sure of his rank and she was in no condition to offend anyone, Moonglow whined softly in wordless apology.

It took a second of careful thought to gather the meaning behind the words that had so badly startled her. Was he offering to help her hunt? Why would he want to help her? Did he want something in return, perhaps? She decided to begin with introductions before thinking on his possible offer. "I am Moonglow." She offered, voice still rough but not near as bad as it had been before her rest. "Alpha Conor gave me permission to hunt this land." Being taken as a trespasser would be extremely unfortunate, though Moonglow very much doubted he thought of her as such; his words had been too causal.

Moonglow hesitated on accepting the offer she was fairly sure he'd been making. She'd only ever hunted with her siblings, even then it had been more a matter of flushing several small prey and going after them separately. She had not really intended to go after anything living, though red meat would give her the most strength. Moonglow also knew that a large part of her didn't want to get stronger. That part wanted to grow weaker, to eventually stop thinking, to stop feeling and mourning. Would it be so bad, really, to be still and quiet forever.

She pushed such thoughts to the corner of her mind before speaking again. "Do you know where any live prey might be?" She asked when her darker thoughts were under better control. "I'd be happy to share in anything I bring down in thanks."

Messages In This Thread