A Hunt (Of Sorts)
[html]

ooc;; <33

Her response was just as he had expected. She started at his voice, whole body whipping round to face the oncoming attacker she had imagined in her mind. Crouched low with her vital areas covered and protected, her teeth flashed in warning. It was simple wolf instincts and Saul was pleased that they were so strong in the female. Although naturally he might have been offended by the defensive show, he had long since schooled himself to be offended by wolves natural behaviour. He thought that sometimes the wolves forgot their true origins and let themselves be ruled by the emotions far too much. Often when a wild animal came to live in the civility and the relativly human-based packs in Nova Scotia, most of the wolves in the pack were offended by the wild animals basic instincts. Saul was more appreciative however and understood that the female had survived out in the wild on her own due to these keen and sharp instincts. It was good to see that she still held them- she didnt know anyone in this pack other than Conor.

As soon as she realised that Saul had stayed a good distance away to pose no threat to her food and his posture, while still dominant with his tail and ears hiked high enough to show that he was third highest in the pack, was friendly and open. Eyes wide open, a small smie twinging the corners of his mouth so that he looked both non-threatening and open towards conversation and a friendly meeting. Saul was generally a happy young man and this meeting should be no different. She came up from her protective crouch, ears perking forward as a small whine of apology escaped her. It was correct for her to both apologise and avert her gaze from him and Saul was both glad and a little put out by this show. Most of the wolves in Dahlia didnt show submission anymore and though still young the male was still a little concerned about it. She spoke then, offering her name and the permission she clung to that Conor had allowed her to hunt here. He inclined his head in a means to accept what she was saying before he spoke.

"I am Saul Stormbringer, Theta of Dahlia de Mai. I have no problem with you being here- I can smell Conor on you and I am sure you would not be in the heart of Dahlia without permission. I apologise for startling you Moonglow."

Saul offered in return, the ritualistic exchange of words that came through as both warm but decidedly formal. The young male wasnt too sure how to act around the new female but decided he would be both frienly and open, but with small amounts of reserved quietness that were fast becoming a common trait in the man. He glanced down at the half devoured, half frozen badger as the female spoke again and the male cast a thought to where they might find some live prey that wasnt safe in hibernation. He knew there were a few small herds of deer roaming around in the winter- unable to leave Nova Scotia due to the large mountain range that blocked them all off into the outreach. He wasnt too sure if there were any around Dahlia at the moment, but he was sure they would find something.

"I have an idea where we might find a few deer. And we shall bring it down together and share it? How does that sound?"

He asked, both asserting his authority whilst still making it clear that he was friendly and she had a say in the matter. He waited patiently for her reply, mentally going through where they might go in order to find some red meat.

word count;;
<style>
.saul-r09 .ooc {font-style:italic; }
.saul-r09 p {padding:2px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.saul-r09 b {color:#DCC8BC; letter-spacing:-.2px; }
.saul-r09 {background-color:#655850; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/gifts/2010dec/saul2.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:2px solid #000000; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#26201C; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:450px; text-align:justify; padding:250px 0px 10px 0px; }
.saul-r09-border {width:454px; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; margin:0 auto;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread