You fall away from your past
[html]
Give him time, was all he could tell her. Maybe someone else would find him; maybe he would find a paradise on the way and forget a while about the troubles at home. Waiting and not knowing were some of the hardest things anyone had to face. His thoughts circled in his head and he knew who he immediately thought of. He didn't fight the memories, vague and faint as they had become; they would always be there, and everything would always remind him of it, so why bother anymore? Ahren is fine. He's the one that brought me here, actually. I would have died otherwise. Should have died, should have, should have a thousand times over. The fire would have been the perfect way to go. He didn't know what he was doing here.

His son Jasper is here with us too. The rest of Clouded Tears made it further west, I think, and are rebuilding a new pack. A better one too, because better people were leading it now. Did everyone else from Inferni make it out okay? Did Andrezej...? Laruku did not recall ever having really spoken about his other son with his daughter and thus did not know of their conflicts, but any animosity wouldn't have been surprising anyway, considering how different they were.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread