i'm going nowhere
[html]

Ezekiel had not truly stopped to think whether or not his father would like to be awoken in such a manner. However, it was too late now and as his father pushed him roughly out of the den and into the dirt patch. Slightly startled by the seemingly effortless action, the boy stood up and shook himself off, his cheeks warm as he noted the glare aimed in his direction.

Staring sheepishly at his father, it occurred to Ezekiel that he didn’t really have anything he really wanted from his father. Was simply to be around him a good enough excuse? Perhaps Gabriel did not yet see the importance he held in his son’s eyes. From Ezekiel’s point of view, Gabriel was everything he dreamed of being and more. "Well…" he choked out, unsure of exactly how he should respond. Would his father be angry with him?

As the sun continued its journey over the lands, Ezekiel suddenly felt very awkward. Shifting back and forth, he kept his eyes focused on the ground. "C-can we take a walk? An’ you can tell me a story from when you was a liddul boy like me?" he asked nervously. It seemed like a good enough idea. He liked listening to his father’s stories. Mostly because he liked hearing Gabriel’s voice.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread