The Future is Near
[html]

"It's fine, everyone managed," she said, waving off the apology. But he trailed off his sentence, as if there were something else he wanted to say and didn't want to say at the same time. She gave J'adore a look, contemplating his expression and words, but decided to leave the choice of whether to discuss it or not up to him. "Whatever it is, feel no obligation to tell me unless you want to. I of all people know about that sort of sensitivity. Maybe," she finished with a private laugh to herself.

Ralla listened intently to J'adore's comparison to the Bone Pyre--his own home version's name being a 'Santander'--and an idea sparked in her mind. Because she wanted their project to be exclusively for the fire, she altered both their ideas into a single conglomeration. "I know; how about a combined idea? What if we made the tree of bones and antlers, painted it all, and everyone could decorate it with their seasonal sacrifices?" she said. "For each ceremony, it is my understanding that everyone gives something of value to the Great Fire as a sacrifice to show the Spirits of their conviction for the tribe. What if we made the tree, and then before the fire is relit, everyone could put their things on it to burn?" The vision of such a pyre--such a thing that could become a tradition should their chief accept it--was inspiring enough. And if Ralla at least helped in its construction, she could consider that her sacrifice to the spring ceremony in her absence. "What do you think?"

Moon walks. "Moon talks." Moon thinks.

<style type="text/css">
.rallagift b {font-weight:bold; color:#F8F6F3; letter-spacing:.0px; }
.rallagift-ooc { font-style:italic; padding:15px; font-family:verdana, serif; font-size:10px; color:#F8F6F3; text-align:right; }
.rallagift p {text-indent:30px; padding:5px 8px; margin:0px;}
.rallagift {margin:0 auto; width:400px; background-color:#040303; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v313/ ... astars.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 250px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: verdana, serif; font-size:11px; color:#C66A26; line-height:15px; letter-spacing:.0px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
Table by Meghann!

[/html]

[Image: RallaP-1.png]

Messages In This Thread