The White Ash of Snow
[html]

With careful steps through the snow the woman came towards Ralla, and she stood with a very relaxed posture in welcome. The other's approach was not rushed or stumbling, which at least gave the sign that she was in no rush to harm Ralla in any way. Even before that, no warning bells had sounded in her head, so she believed herself quite safe. "Cour des Miracles? Then, perhaps you've seen my brother, Noss, there? Or know Strelein or Anatoliy?" Ralla was hesitant to ask of Alaine, considering their...history...although she did not begrudge the woman her anger towards her at all. But it had been some time since her last visit to the pack, and if the woman had any sort of news it would be welcome, even if Ralla would be travelling there within the day to pick Noss up. "Yesterday? Who did you meet?" she asked, curious as to who else the girl might've come into contact with. Her tone was kept light and gentle, far from interrogative, as the two strangers seemed to begin a what would normally be mundane conversation. "Ah, forgive me. My name's Ralla, and I'm an Otlvna Gata in AniWaya. I'm actually out here for that duty; I'm trying to find some white ash bark."

With a wistful look she recounted to Princess Chance the smell and texture of the white ash tree; a perfume like heavy incense in the heat of a fire, bark that was fine to touch and came away as if it had just recently been burned. It was certainly a messy tree to deal with, but it produced such a heady, entrancing scent. "So you see, I was hoping to come out here today to find a good tree to bring down. Granted, I would never fell one of the grandfathers," she said with a reverence towards the eldest of the trees, those that had survived for hundreds of years, "because they are inhabited by spirits who like them and protect the rest of the forest. But a dead tree will do; it's not as sad to cut one down then." She realized that such discriminations over the kind and age of a tree were usually not taken into account when one went out to fuel a fire, but Ralla saw things differently. The world was surrounded by spirits and energy, and the moon was the life water to the sun's guiding light. The trees were as much protectors as the Ayastigis and warriors of the AniWayan pack.

Moon walks. "Moon talks." Moon thinks.

<style type="text/css">
.rallagift b {font-weight:bold; color:#F8F6F3; letter-spacing:.0px; }
.rallagift-ooc { font-style:italic; padding:15px; font-family:verdana, serif; font-size:10px; color:#F8F6F3; text-align:right; }
.rallagift p {text-indent:30px; padding:5px 8px; margin:0px;}
.rallagift {margin:0 auto; width:400px; background-color:#040303; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v313/ ... astars.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 250px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: verdana, serif; font-size:11px; color:#C66A26; line-height:15px; letter-spacing:.0px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
Table by Meghann!

[/html]

[Image: RallaP-1.png]

Messages In This Thread