A Longing (Joining)
So sorry for the wait Brit! I had no computer!! Welcome to Dahlia de Mai!

The female in front of him appeared to have a rich history despite her youth. Roughly Saul's age she appeared to have travelled across the whole world, although Saul didn't know how much of that he believed. But if she wanted to come from New Zealand then he wasn't going to deny her. Cinnamon backed ears flickered forward as her somewhat pleading tone. Saul had no intention or turning her away- in all truth Dahlia needed more members to hold the ground they had. If they had no more members then they might soon before forced to retreat their boundaries to a more manageable area. So perhaps they needed the female more than she needed them. Of course, he wasn't going to tell her that. He was about to comment on her words before she launched into more speech, answering his previous questions.

She spoke of her early life and her family. He was reminded of Siku's story then- how she'd lain in the snow and told him she was all alone in the world. Her mother was dead, the only companion she had ever known. The same thing was happening with Clarice. But Siku had found peace in Dahlia de Mai- maybe even found a family within the borders. She was Saul's best friend now and she was fast becoming much more. Saul was hopeful that with the right attitude Clarice would fast make friends in Dahlia and one day make them her family. Saul dipped his head softly, knowing full well what it was like to lose family.

I'm sorry about your family Clarice. I was in a similar boat once.

He was next going to ask her about her skills and what she could contribute to the pack when she provided ample enough for him to digest. It seemed they had a lot in common and Saul was at least a little interested where she'd picked up there skills if she had spent a lot of her time travelling. He didn't know how much of what she said was the truth but she wasn't dying and therefore he knew she could hunt. He dipped his head in acknowledgement, going to speak. Once again he was cut up and Saul felt an unfamiliar tang of frustration on his tongue. He understood that she was desperate for acceptance, but allowing him to speak was a common courtesy. Swallowing the frustration he allowed a full minute to stretch before he answered, making sure she had nothing left to say to interupt him.

I am willing to accept you into Dahlia de Mai as a Subordinate. I hope you will work hard to up your position in our ranks and contribute to the continued health of our pack. Welcome, Clarice.

He spoke the ritualistic words that came from the back of his mind and towards the female. She might not want to be so interupting when meeting Conor or Nayru, although she had done so to the third highest ranked wolf in the pack so maybe she would. Still he was more than happy to allow her passage into her new home.

word count;; 521

Messages In This Thread