here come the angels
[html]

Kinda excessively long. And I figure that prayer is most commonly known...so yes.
Word Count → 606

She had not expected her attack to land, knowing full well that she was untrained and therefor at a disadvantage. Gabriel moved to the side, twisting away, and though she expected retaliation, there came none. He was being lenient, perhaps because it was his daughter, or perhaps because she was one of his clan. No firm paw came to shut her up. Instead, he allowed her to continue, fueling her thought with his own barked words. Another furious snarl tore through a cream muzzle, crimson eyes filling with blood that coursed through the veins of both participants in the futile argument.

"Your child? Yours?! You never raised us like you should have! Even when I came back to you, you did nothing for me!" It wasn't true; in the vague memories of her childhood, she could remember Gabriel watching a young girl as she pounced invisible buffalo, calling her a princess. He had made her what she was, for all purposes of blame, and she was proud to be the daughter of the Aquila. Except at that moment, when she felt such loathing for the male who stood before her, she was proud of who she was.

An unsettling, fugacious thought entered her mind, and she couldn't help but wish she'd stayed away.

"Neither of you did anything for us. You sent us away, and she couldn't keep me away. And then they let Ezekiel follow me. You should have done more to keep him here! And now...do you not think before you do things, Gabriel?!" Ragged inhales filled her chest with air, and furious exhales expelled it as she attempted to control what little sanity she had retained. It was clear he didn't think, but she could not say she often thought about the consequences of actions until after they had made themselves known. Still, it did not lessen her anger.

She paced, a tic jerking her head to the side while she tried to avoid another unnecessary attempted attack on the Aquila. "Foolish wanton desires leave others without a father who wouldn't love them anyways, and ruins our family, and you think it's perfectly acceptable. It's not okay. They shouldn't exist, and now there's one over-sized mess that I can't do anything to fix because Ezekiel would hate me if I tried to clean it up." Anger failed to flood her words, instead giving way to pathetic distress. He had defended them, and she wondered if he had also found something to replace her. She had fallen to be the one missing piece of a much greater puzzle that didn't truly need her in order to express the image. Killing the children would get her nowhere, except perhaps lost to the brother she relied so heavily upon.

The Lykoi's brawny body twisted into discomfort, her face pressing against the ground. A low whine escaped into the air. She ached, and sickness fell onto her more heavily than before as she realized there really was nothing she was capable of doing. As a darkness fell over her features, words passed through her mouth mechanically, reciting the only prayer she had managed to learn properly without reading. "Our Father, who art in heaven, hallowed be thy name. Thy kingdom come, thy will be done on earth as it is in Heaven." A deep breath paused her, pressing her face more firmly in the ground. "Forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us, and lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil."

As the final words left her, she started from the beginning, body curling into a small lump against the ground.

<style>
/*This handles the shape and whatnot of your table.*/
.ns01 {margin:0px auto;width:450px;background-color:none;background-image:none;background-position:top middle;background-repeat:no-repeat;border:none;padding:0px;font-family:times new roman, sans-serif;font-size:13px;line-height:16px;letter-spacing:.5px;text-align:justify;margin-top:15px;}

/*NS01-IC is the In-Character post stuff, or the lower portion. NS01-TOP is the OOC section. If you want a BG in it, just fill it out.*/
.ns01-ic {background-image:none;background-position:top right;background-color:none;background-repeat:no-repeat;border-top:1px solid;}
.ns01-ooc {background-image:none;background-position:top right;background-color:none;background-repeat:no-repeat;}

/*This handles the OOC, word count and form, character name, and paragraphs. You can remove any of the parts of the upper thing, but I wouldn't advise editing this section unless you're doing it for asthetic reasons.*/
.ns01-ooc {font-style:italic;font-size:11px;margin:2px; padding:0px;text-align:right;}
.ns01-ooc b {font-weight:bold;font-style:normal;}
.ns01 p {text-indent:25px;margin:0px;padding:5px 10px;}

/*This handles the speech, italics and WOTD*/
.ns01 b {font-weight:bold;letter-spacing:1px;}
.ns01 i {font-style:italic;letter-spacing:1px;}
.ns01 .wotd {border-bottom:1px dotted;font-style:italic;letter-spacing:1px;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread