the sun don't shine down here
[html]
HIDE YOUR INNOCENCE BEFORE THEY SEE RIGHT THROUGH
Hi, my name is Jenny, and I have a tendency to disappear for weeks at a time. >_>; wc:354

The news of his mother’s death produced a reaction from the woman that Jackson had seen numerous times before. First there were sad looks and sorry’s, then pats on the head or sympathy nuzzles. As Tlantli reached out to convey her sympathy, the boy stared up at her with wide blue eyes and turned his look of sorrow into a sad smile. While such words and actions were beginning to lose their potency to the boy, he still appreciated them. His sibling may have found such displays of kindness to be annoying, but Jackson knew the people were just being nice. Maybe they didn’t really understand or care, but it was nice for them to say sorry anyway, and Jackson was glad for it. Tlantli was different than the others, though. She said she lost her papa, so she understood what it was like. He tilted his head up and gave a quick lick to her hand to return the gesture. “I’s sorry your papa’s gone too.”

His ears twitched briefly atop his head, and he went back to pawing at his stick once more. “I think I has a new mama. But she’s mean.” He supposed that Naniko was somewhat of a step-mother to him. Papa seemed keen on spending time with her, but Jackson did his best to avoid her when he could. The white-furred leader had been mean to him when he first arrived at Anathema with his father’s friend, and the encounter stuck out vividly in the young boy’s mind. He wished she would just leave them alone. He and Agony and Papa were just fine together, and when Esmeralda finally joined them, that would be all they ever needed.

He pushed the rather somber thoughts from his head and focused instead on her latest question. Communication. Drums. Geetars. He frowned for a moment, trying to concentrate on his memories of New Brunswick. “Drums!” he said brightly. “I ‘member drums, when I was reeeeally little.” He remembered vague beats and shuffling bodies, and not much else. But that was okay with him. He remembered, and that was the important part.

YOU MUSTN'T DISAPPOINT THEM
[/html]

Messages In This Thread