Broken Leader
[html]
<style type="text/css">
.skyk b {font-weight:bold; color:#6a543a; letter-spacing:1px; }
.ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:10px;}
.skyk p {text-indent:25px;padding:5px 10px;margin:0px;}
.skyk {width:400px;border:1px solid #524b4b;background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v26/K ... ow/sky.png);background-position:bottom center;background-repeat:no-repeat;padding-bottom:240px;background-color:#abb5be;text-align:justify;margin:10px;font-family:georgia, serif;font-size:11px;line-height:12px;color:#524b4b;}
</style>

Wait? Nah, no wait. That didn't take long at all. :3

Sky listened with a hum every now and then as he spoke, not liking how his voice came out in short bursts. A coyote did this to him? Nasty fellow that must've been. She frowned at the thought; she'd seen her sister maim and maul coyotes in the past. Their family had always had a thing against the scrawny canines, though she didn't see why. Maybe they had tempers or hidden strengths or something? Did that explain why Shawchert was as hurt as he was? Whatever.

She moved up from his body, legs and torso to see to his face, especially that eye. Humming softly in a thoughtful way, she reached forward and shushed him. "I'm going to clean and wrap your eye, love. This will hurt. A lot." No point in sugarcoating it; if he wanted to be so big and tough, she'd let him. "I don't care how much you want to, no biting me. I'll bite back if you do." She smirked at him, a drowned expression compared to the usual thing, and then went about tending to that nasty eye.

The cleaning solution went on first, stinging and biting at the wound as if it were made of some seriously strong acid. Next came the gauze padding, which she tenderly placed over the entire eye. She wrapped it tightly (not too tightly, though) with some more wraps, and finished off her work. It was time to stitch up what was left, but she had to get him to stay absolutely still for it.

"Your condition is bad, hon. I can't give you any pain killers yet. I say this as a warning; you have a gash or two that need stitches, and stitches hurt like a bitch to get. I need you to keep as still as you can, and forgive me; I really don't like hurting you." Her sweet tone was dropped, accent gone completely as she took on a deadly serious tone. She had to make sure he understood what she had to do. "If I don't do this now, you'll lose even more blood than you already have. I don't have the sort of things needed for a blood transfusion, which means you'd run a huge risk of falling into a coma, or worse... dying. You're already in risk of going into shock, and that's bad enough."

She frowned then, stern and looking him dead in the eye. "I don't care how much you want to be strong right now. Don't hold back if you need to cry out. Doing that makes you tense up and if I'm stitching your wounds, that'll mess up the stitches and you'll end up worse off than before." She leaned forward, voice finally holding that sweet hue to it again. Planting a small, tender kiss on his nose, she sighed. "Stop being the alpha around me. I'm not tending to my leader, I'm tending to my mate, who's supposed to be himself and not some public image. Just relax and bear with me on this one, 'kay?"

[/html]

Messages In This Thread