Broken Leader
[html]
<style type="text/css">
.skyk b {font-weight:bold; color:#6a543a; letter-spacing:1px; }
.ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:10px;}
.skyk p {text-indent:25px;padding:5px 10px;margin:0px;}
.skyk {width:400px;border:1px solid #524b4b;background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v26/K ... ow/sky.png);background-position:bottom center;background-repeat:no-repeat;padding-bottom:240px;background-color:#abb5be;text-align:justify;margin:10px;font-family:georgia, serif;font-size:11px;line-height:12px;color:#524b4b;}
</style>

End the thread on this post? Sky's stubborn.

Sky furrowed her brows as he spoke on, ears pinning back. As he told her that she wouldn't be searching alone, something inside of her rebelled against the idea. That rogue's instinct was still alive, if a bit dorment inside of the girl. This was something she needed to do on her own, and he wasn't about to stop her. "Shawchert..." Her ears picked up on his breathing as it fell into a soft pattern, if a bit strained; he'd fallen asleep. Still, stroking his fur, she made sure her opinion was voiced.

"I realize how much you want to find her, how much you want the pack to search for her together... you need to understand, though, that this is something I have to do on my own. If I ever want to feel at home here again after this, I need to find her, and the girls, and bring them home myself. I can do it... you've got... you've gotta let me do this."

Her voice died away near the end, cracking much like her exterior suddenly did, calmness dying away into mourning. For the first time since the whole frenzy of stress and fear had started, since the first killing, Sky suddenly doubled over with him and cried silently. She mourned her sons, she mourned the loss of Shawchert's son, and the girls' absense. Everything had gone to hell...

...and all she could do was sit back and hope for the best. With that horrible feeling of pride and stubborn will mixed together with guilt and helpless fear, the tiny hybrid cried herself to sleep, still curled with her future mate on the stains his blood left in her floor.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread