God left yesterday, but I remain
[html]
Word Count:: 500+
ooc:: My externship is over so things should be quicker from here on out! <3

A less distressed Luperci would have known she crossed into a pack's lands. Orin, however, was unaware of her trespass. Perhaps if she realized she was upon the borders of Phoenix Valley she would still have crossed, seeking sanctuary and refuge in the peaceful pack's homelands. A mother with as much cause for paranoia as her should have known that she moved into claimed territory, but it was also understandable that an exhausted woman like herself had little awareness of her surroundings. She was dehydrated, malnourished, and feeble. All around her the shadows became haunts and the wind was devilkin tugging at her hair. She did not even know someone else was nearby – someone other than the haunts that tortured her – until she heard the concerned voice as it whisked across the graveyard.

Her clenched eyes darted open and almost bugged as she jerked her head up, golden gaze shooting across the cemetery to peer at the slate shaded woman that materialized before her. What did she say? Orin stared at her dubiously and remained stark still for a long, awkward moment, until finally the words the woman spoke penetrated her hazy mind. Are you alright...? They words... Were they like his? Was this another devil manifested before her, come to do her more harm? No. Even this abused, strung-out woman could detect the genuine lilt in the woman's words. Still, if she was here, who else could be lurking around them?

Puffy, bloodshot eyes scanned the graveyard. In one sweeping glimpse she saw nothing. Yet beneath that, in the shadows, she saw every evil she had ever known. Did something else stalk this ground, or was it just her bruised imagination?

It was a chore to force her eyes to turn back to the woman before her. Somehow, there was enough sanity left within the broken woman to keep from screaming and running from the first thing that might offer her help in a long time. The urge to flee was fierce, and for a moment she was unsure if it was trust for the stranger that kept her still, or if it was just her utter exhaustion.

Finally, after long, peculiar seconds had passed since the Valley woman's inquiry, Orin's glassy eyes met the deep liquid amber of Tala's, and she shook her head fiercely. All at once crying out with a strength she did not know she still possessed. “No! I am not alright!” If the gray woman before her was a con artist, here to trick her into admitting her vulnerability and then taking the last precious thing from her world, Orin would have fallen right into her trap. “I'm not alright.” She said again as she again dropped her head and buried her face into the bundle in her arms.

“Evil follows me,” she said through a suffocating sob. “It has taken one of my babies, and it teases me. I am the mouse at the cat's mercy, and it toys with me. I just need to keep my angels safe... but it's taken away my ability to even be a mother... to keep them alive... they're weak because I'm weak.” Tears sopped into her cheeks and into the two small faces that peeked out of the bundle in her arms. The pups were alive, but under the cover of their despairing mother it was difficult to determine their health.

table by alaine
<style>
.desdemonax01-table {background-color:#000634;border:1px solid black;font-family:Georgia, serif;font-size:12px;color:#425564;letter-spacing:.4px;word-spacing:.4px;line-height:16px;width:400px;text-align:justify;background-position:top center;background-repeat:no-repeat;padding-top:10px;background-image:url(http://i1047.photobucket.com/albums/b47 ... demona.png);margin:0 auto;margin-top:5px;box-shadow:3px 3px 10px black;-moz-box-shadow:3px 3px 10px black;-webkit-box-shadow:3px 3px 10px black;border-radius:3px;-moz-border-radius:3px;-webkit-border-radius:3px;}
.desdemonax01-extra {padding:0px;padding-left:15px;}
.desdemonax01-inner {border:none;margin:0px auto;background-color:transparent;border-radius:3px;-moz-border-radius:3px;-webkit-border-radius:3px;background-image:url(http://i1047.photobucket.com/albums/b47 ... ona2-1.png);background-repeat:repeat;background-position:top left;font-size:10px;color:#9cc9f0;margin:80px 0px 10px 0px;width:90%;text-align:justify;padding:10px;}
.desdemonax01-inner p {text-indent:10px;}
.desdemonax01-inner b {color:#e1e2dd;}
.desdemonax01-copy {text-align:center;font-size:9px;font-variantConfusedmall-caps;padding:0px;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread