God left yesterday, but I remain
[html]
wc 683

The winter at this stage in the transformation from winter to spring still left a cold and bitter sting throughout most days and most definitely throughout each night. The snow was still on the ground despite the lessening of actual snowfall, the sky may be clear some days but the cold was only more bitter when the clouds were not around to trap the heat onto the earth. This was not the time to be lingering around in the night's hours alone, not as a full grown being and most definitely not with puppies of any age. The night would not be kind to any of the three woman, the pups would get the worst of it, they would be cold, damp, scared and hungry. The wind was too bitter to fetch them out to feed them. Tala was not a mother and she was capable of figuring that one out. This was the worst possible season to be wondering around in this condition, especially so close to the swamp that could easily claim her life with the wrong steps. No, Tala would not allow even the thought to occur, let alone the actual happening.

The eyes before her were wandering as if the actuality of Tala's being there was a mirage. The Savant was left feeling so clueless as to what to do. Help her, yes, of course she was going to help her but that didn't mean she was just going to (or able to) just swoop down there and bring the mother and her whelps to safety. This woman looked so scared, so alone right now that Tala was afraid to cross the line to send her over the edge and further into her personal hell. No, she didn't want to do that at all. If only she knew just what to do. Damn her and her lack of social skills.

The voice in return to her inquiry shattered her heart. Oh poor soul, Tala could tell a broken woman when she heard one. Her question had been stupid, yes, but she had still asked it as a buffer. Oh, she just needed to help her, ease her back to being able to care for her children like she wished too. To stop that voice from breaking her heart every time it spoke. "I'm so sorry, please, let me help you." Her voice was barely a whisper as the Djose woman stepped closer to the brown and white stranger. Knees bent to kneel next to the mother as a hand extended to grab at her had with the most gentle of touch she could muster. "I live in a church, I would help you there to be warm and to eat if you'll allow me. I promise, I won't hurt you." Hurting this poor woman was the last thing she could ever even think of doing. Tala would try to ride a unicorn over the moon before she even thought about laying a finger on this foreigner and her young.

She had to believe her when she said she was not ill in intent. This was only to help her, and her children, her angels as she had called them. "I know you don't know me, and you may not trust me but I swear on my life and title as subleader of these lands I will do everything I can to help you, miss." Her words were genuine. True, and her promise was to be held at full seriousness.

Tala reached out to try and ease the woman to her feet, offering her body to be used as a crutch. Tala would not try and touch the puppies, that was a step too far. If she had lost a puppy as she claimed, she would no doubt be so fearful to lose another. Please, just trust her, if only for the night and no more. Tala would be shattered if the woman refused. There was no way Tala would let her freeze to death, starve or loose even one more hair on her puppies heads. It just wasn't happening.

"speech"

[/html]

Messages In This Thread