God left yesterday, but I remain
[html]
Word Count:: 500+
ooc Feel free to have them reach/enter the church or any other little bits of PP that might accompany that.

The first instinct of many who had suffered as she had would be to recoil in terror and fear as the woman approached, but this stranger remained still as the ashen woman approached. She knew the woman came near, she could hear her move despite the roaring whip of the wind that raced unforgiving through the cemetery. The words of hope echoed through the chill dusk... Let me help you. Slowly, she lifted her head again and turned her gaze once more onto Tala, catching the concern that lined every facet of the woman's features. There was no moment of panic, no yelp at her closeness. Instead, Orin stared at her, dazed.

Then the woman's hand reached out so carefully, so gently, and laid on her with a kindness that, for a moment, chased away the darkness that stalked her. Her heart tripped and for a moment Orin remembered a ripple of who she once was.

“Church?” The fear and grief left her visage, replaced by curiosity and confusion. A church... the word, the thought brought up images of the great chapels she had read about, the published photographs she had seen in the books in the store she had abandoned. Most importantly, it brought up the word... “Sanctuary.” The word formed but Orin hardly realized she had said it, so focused on the idea of a great steeple in which she and her children could be safe. After all, that is what happened in the books... Those seeking refuge came to the doors of these mighty houses of worship and appealed to the priests for sanctuary.

Finally coming to, Orin nodded so vigorously it was as though her head might bob right off of her neck. She glanced around the graveyard once more, then brought her gaze to rest on the woman. “Yes, please,” she spoke urgently. “Can we go now?” Despite her request it was clear Tala already meant business, that the woman was already prepared to guide her to refuge. Nevermore did Orin dream up the images of the devils and demons that she was so sure were following her. This seraph would see her to shelter.

The angelic woman only served to solidify Orin's sudden and fervent faith in her when she spoke her oath as she gently urged her from the ground. The splotched wolfess was weak and the momentary respite had only served to chill her muscles and stiffen her legs. It was a chore to even gather herself from the ground and she relied greatly on Tala's assistance. Luckily, she was short as a hare and thin as a waif, and helping her along would be little burden on a healthy Luperci like Tala.

Orin hardly noticed when they were finally walking, stunned as she was. She looked back and forth from Tala to her babies, and occasionally her wide eyes would peer behind them, searching for other tracks or shadows. She saw it all, too, as she had this whole time. Tracks pursued, footsteps whispered around them, shades shifted at their sides. But now their threat was gone; there was an angel at her side. “Thank you,” she whispered at first, and then swallowed hard. When she started again, her voice was louder but not much more forceful. Her golden eyes peered ahead, eagerly awaiting the sight of the shrine. “Thank you for helping us. I couldn't... I couldn't take one more step alone. What... where am I? What lands are these?”

table by alaine
<style>
.desdemonax01-table {background-color:#000634;border:1px solid black;font-family:Georgia, serif;font-size:12px;color:#425564;letter-spacing:.4px;word-spacing:.4px;line-height:16px;width:400px;text-align:justify;background-position:top center;background-repeat:no-repeat;padding-top:10px;background-image:url(http://i1047.photobucket.com/albums/b47 ... demona.png);margin:0 auto;margin-top:5px;box-shadow:3px 3px 10px black;-moz-box-shadow:3px 3px 10px black;-webkit-box-shadow:3px 3px 10px black;border-radius:3px;-moz-border-radius:3px;-webkit-border-radius:3px;}
.desdemonax01-extra {padding:0px;padding-left:15px;}
.desdemonax01-inner {border:none;margin:0px auto;background-color:transparent;border-radius:3px;-moz-border-radius:3px;-webkit-border-radius:3px;background-image:url(http://i1047.photobucket.com/albums/b47 ... ona2-1.png);background-repeat:repeat;background-position:top left;font-size:10px;color:#9cc9f0;margin:80px 0px 10px 0px;width:90%;text-align:justify;padding:10px;}
.desdemonax01-inner p {text-indent:10px;}
.desdemonax01-inner b {color:#e1e2dd;}
.desdemonax01-copy {text-align:center;font-size:9px;font-variantConfusedmall-caps;padding:0px;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread