God left yesterday, but I remain
[html]
wc 501

Tala could not lie when she said she was expecting some sort of a struggle from the earthy woman. The state she was in would have put Tala into a state of absolute fear and panic if she was the one laying on the ground with endangered puppies. Tala was not one to handle stressful situations well when it involved others. Tala was too used to working things out on her own still be be cool and collected like a leader should be. Maybe if she was too shocked and tired to feel the overly powerful waves of emotion... then she could possibly handle it? Maybe, she didn't really want to find out.

Fear melted as Tala mentioned the words of help, church and promise. This little event caused the cement that was churning in the base of her stomach to lighten just a fraction to the point where Tala did not feel like she was blind, deaf and dumb trying to help a screaming woman out of the sky. Finally a glimmer that she was doing something right. After all that had been happening to her lately, finding this woman here with her children meant something, it meant that through all of her pain she could still help someone who was worse off than her. She felt like she had something to work for now, someone else to think about when she was alone at night rather than her own depressed self.

"Yes, we can go right now."
Arriving to the small stone church Tala looked up through the night's darkness to see the smoke rising from the chimney. Good, the coals were still burning. That would mean it was still warm, that was a good sign, and it made things so much easier. Tala eased the stranger through the church door, into the main hall and just off to the left to ease her up the stairs and into the attic like upper level which Tala resided. There was her bed(which was a nest like figure of pillows and blankets rather than a bed), all her items such as books and her mirror. This place was warm, safe. "You can sleep in my bed, I'd like to offer that to you. I'll fetch you some warm stew and set out some cleaner blankets for the pups." Setting the woman to the ground on the blankets Tala was off. Running down wooden stairs with light thuds she was gone for hardly a minute before running up with a bowl of steaming stew in one hand and fresh blankets in the other. Tala was afraid she didn't have much to offer. This upset her.

"Would you like some water too?" The raspy voice inquired as she set the items down upon the floor for the woman before backing off a few steps to let her breathe. Tala could sleep in her Lupus form on the floor rather than likewise in the bed tonight. She would be happiest that way.

"speech"

[/html]

Messages In This Thread