don't leave me standing here
[html]

The saturated, fitful gust did not alert him of the approaching stranger, so the amber wolf was startled by the sudden inquiry after the peel of thunder. Never-the-less, Endymion twirled around calmly to face the dark wolf, his pale green gaze meeting the other’s brilliant yellow. The Tears member, as he assumed, did not sound hostile, but his formidable appearance was enough to make an impression on the two year old. The Russo noted with relief that the stranger was not as terrifying as the creature he had met at the borders of Inferni. A flash of lightning illuminated the territory, though the dense fog that crouched low to the cold earth kept much hidden. A second rumble sounded overhead, closer even than the last. It was a fast moving storm, and would be upon them at any moment.
“No,” said the pirate-son, dipping his head briefly. “I wasn’t paying attention, and accidentally wandered in. I apologize.” The young man knew when to be polite, and he knew when to defend himself, but he could choose when to be either. A few nights ago he had been faced with a similar situation, though he had been confronted by a more belligerent counterpart. Fortunately he had withheld the full extent of his indigence and walked away from the situation unscathed. It went without saying that it would be far into the future when one found Endymion Russo at the borders of Inferni again.
A third roar of thunder exclaimed to them from the sky, louder and longer than the ones before it; the hue had resounded right above them. The amber wolf looked up at the slate mass hanging over their heads, then back at the similar-colored wolf. "Looks like the storm is here," he commented, almost to himself, in awe.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread