as i lay, beaten and broken
[html]

As when anyone entered her home for the first time Nayru watched the wandering eyes of her guest. They fell on the pots and buckets of mud and soil and the gamma wished that Saul had seen her plants in their prime. Before the winter had broken into her home and killed them all. The pretty blossoms that had colored the green house had quickly turned brown and the fresh herbs that had scents the air froze and became useless. Yet Nayru knew the emerald eyed man was clever enough to see the potential, and with Siku growing such an interest in plants as she was, perhaps his roommate would describe what the greenhouse had looked like before the awful storm had hit. And what it would look like once again, in the summer after they all had had time enough to heal.

It was only his eyes wandered up to her head that she became aware that she was once again fingering her wound. Or what had been a wound, and now mostly healed but had become infected. Whether it was just always in the back of her mind or the slight itch from the infection drove her to touch it constantly and unconsciously Nayru did not know, but she wished she could break herself of the habit for it was truly one of the few aspects of her own life she was not in control of. ”The ceiling fell on my head.” Her eyes moved to the panel above them, the one made of wood and not glass and obviously put up to replace the glass that had fallen down. “My sister did this. Her and Gideon were the ones who found me.” Although she could not remember, Farore had filled her in and Nayru was simply grateful that anyone at all had been there. The woman could have bled to death and it was simply luck that had caused both sister and best friend to seek her own at the moment.

“She did the best she could.” Why she made such excuses for Farore, she wasn’t sure, but Nayru did not wish for Saul to think lowly of the woman he had not met. Farore had been allowed to stay by Conor, and she did so bitterly, more for Nayru’s benefit than anything else. Farore would not leave without her sister, and Nayru would not leave. They were at a stalemate and Farore at times could come across as inapt and ungrateful because of this. ”It doesn’t bother me too much.” The words were smooth and covered her lie far more easily than she had expected, and yet the swelling and pussy infection was the clear indicator that Nayru was downplaying the issue.

<style type="text/css">
.nayr b {font-weight:bold; color:#c28085; letter-spacing:1px; }
.nayr .ooc { font-style:italic; color:#ffffff; padding-top:350px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.nayr p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px; color: #080202}
.nayr {margin:0 auto; width:450px; background-color:#821212; background-image:url(http://i972.photobucket.com/albums/ae20 ... /nayru.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 10px 0px 0px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:10px; color:#0F475F; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>

[/html]

Messages In This Thread