as i lay, beaten and broken
[html]

The younger male scolded her and her light sweet laughter answered his concern. He was neither her superior in age or rank but this simple face only amused her for the shortest of moments. It seemed he was not angry at Farore, but disappointed in her and he had every right to be. What would Conor have thought if he saw how bad her infection had become? And yet, it did not pain her so greatly. So independent and always alone, it simply hadn’t crossed her mind to seek out help and Farore had not encouraged her to. Her snow colored sister had probably not realized how badly the wound was healing and neither had she, yet wasn’t it part of her responsibility to care for herself so she could care for the others? In this way she was letting them all down.

At his gentle touch she felt both a slight pain in the wound and also a rush of warmth. It was so rare that anyone touched her, Gideon was the only one who ever made a habit of outwardly showing her affection and the boy had been missing since her injury. When he withdrew his hand she turned cherry eyes up at the taller man. ”I am sorry, I have been so busy acclimating to my new duties and reacquainting myself with Farore. I did not mean to let it go unattended for so long.” And yet if Saul hadn’t come today, how much longer would she have waited? Possibly too long.

Nayru looked about slowly, trying to answer his question. The greenhouse seemed bare and empty aside from the empty pots and her own belongings. Bringing her ankle up and her arm down, she unsheathed the dagger Saluce had crafted for her. It was always kept clean, but perhaps not completely sterile. Yet it had been the only tool available when Farore had stitched her and had actually been the tool to carve holes into her head so the crude twine could pull her skin flaps together again. “I only have this.” She answered softly and shrugged. All her herbs had perished when the winter wind and snow seeped. Nayru knew that Saul would not be content with so little and before he could ask moved towards the door, sure he wouldn’t wish to waste any time. “We can go to your cabin. I don’t mind.”

<style type="text/css">
.nayr b {font-weight:bold; color:#c28085; letter-spacing:1px; }
.nayr .ooc { font-style:italic; color:#ffffff; padding-top:350px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.nayr p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px; color: #080202}
.nayr {margin:0 auto; width:450px; background-color:#821212; background-image:url(http://i972.photobucket.com/albums/ae20 ... /nayru.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 10px 0px 0px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:10px; color:#0F475F; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>

[/html]

Messages In This Thread