as i lay, beaten and broken
[html]

The man still seemed concerned, even after she consented to allowing him to treat her. Nayru knew that an infection might develop, and it had, but she washed it went she thought about it and it hadn’t worried her much. Ye the tone Saul took told her that perhaps she should have been worried about it. “What kind of further damage?” Her question came softly, slowly as if she asked it only to make conversation, but her eyes were bright and curious and she seemed then more like the child she had been than the adult she was now. What if? How? How come? Why? What then? The questions lined up on her tongue but she swallowed them done, content to know what other ailments might arise from an untreated head wound.

The girl followed him dutifully. Although the patchwork woman had an idea where Saul lived she had never entered into his home before. Never been invited over. Although she had never brought him to her green house before today either. It was strange to think how intimately she knew Gideon, and even though she loved his siblings just as much the comfortable closeness wasn’t always there. Surely she could tell Saul most anything he asked, and she knew that she could rely on him if ever the need arose, but he wasn’t Gideon and they did not visit each other’s homes or sleep in each other’s beds or share secrets and jokes that no one else knew. “I’ve been alright. Aside from this injury. My sister has been keeping me busy, though I’ve been trying to figure out just what Conor expects of me now.” Her life had changed so drastically from the time of the accident, from her sister’s arrival, from the promotion from Conor. And yet it still felt so similar, so very much the same. Still, as before, she was striving only to please the others. To better their lives, because in turn it would better her’s. “What about you? Any news to share?”

<style type="text/css">
.nayr b {font-weight:bold; color:#c28085; letter-spacing:1px; }
.nayr .ooc { font-style:italic; color:#ffffff; padding-top:350px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.nayr p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px; color: #080202}
.nayr {margin:0 auto; width:450px; background-color:#821212; background-image:url(http://i972.photobucket.com/albums/ae20 ... /nayru.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 10px 0px 0px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:10px; color:#0F475F; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>

[/html]

Messages In This Thread