[P] Ticket to Doom or Destiny
[html]

Word Count → 323

Darkness was ecstatic to have finally found someone who was going to equally friendly back to him. What more, she had to agree with him that it got quite lonely on one's own. That was the reason he was always talking to himself; he wasn't the type who loved to hear his own voice, but he wanted someone to speak with and as a loner he was usually the only one around. His smile grew wider and his tail wagged faster. He really did look like an overexcited puppy whose parents had just bought home a big, juicy caribou.

The idea of joining Layla in her camp sounded appealing, but there was no doubt that she would notice the big bruise on his shoulder at some point because of the way he moved. He was capable of taking care of himself. He had no problem with trusting Layla - being as naive as he was, he would take shelter with an assassin on a warm and sunny day - but he really was capable of taking care of himself.

He became extremely grateful that he didn't take up the offer. Layla's next sentence suggested that her camp was somewhere high on the mountain. Instantly his tail topped wagging, and for once his smile faltered a bit. His two greatest fears in life were the supernatural - though he claimed not to remember why - and heights. He had nothing against Layla, but he would not spend the night at the top of the mountain. He wasn't even considering it a possibility.

"S-Sorry, I'm fine on my own," he repeated, shaking his head politely. Realizing he sounded somewhat rude, rejecting her offers twice in a row, he added quickly, "Not that I don't trust you or anything, mind you." He had a lot of reasons not to trust her, since she wasn't much more than a total stranger at this point. "Just... I'm good."

<style>
.kfree-03 {margin:0px auto;width:450px;background-color:none;background-image:none;background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom;border:none;padding:0px;font-family:Georgia;font-size:12px;line-height:16px;text-align:justify;margin-top:10px;}
.kfree-03 .ooc {font-style:italic;font-size:11px;line-height:15px;text-align:left;margin:2px;text-indent:0px;}
.kfree-03 .ooc b {font-weight:bold;font-style:normal;}
.kfree-03 .divider {border-bottom:1px dotted;}
.kfree-03 p {text-indent:20px;margin:0px;padding:5px 10px;}
.kfree-03 b {font-weight:bold;letter-spacing:1px;}
.kfree-03 i {font-style:italic;letter-spacing:1px;}
.kfree-03 u {font-style:italic;text-decoration:none;font-variantConfusedmall-caps;border-bottom:1px dotted;letter-spacing:1px;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread