[P] Ticket to Doom or Destiny
[html]

Word Count → 314
Either ending sounds good to me. Maybe wrap it up with your post or shortly after it?

He had apparently excited her by agreeing to go to her "camp" with her, although she seemed to miss his "I won't be paying attention to the view" part completely. He followed her over to the grass clearing on the hillside, and he had to force himself to sit down and not go rigid when she, once again, bought up just how high they were. Maybe she hadn't guessed this by now, but he absolutely hated heights; he answered her question with a small nod.

Having focused his attention on Layla, he was grateful for the talk she was starting. It would help take his mind off the fact that, if they were sitting on the edge of a steep cliff and some tremendously strong wind came along, he would fall to his inevitable death. "I'm heading down there, too. Just another new area to explore, y'know?"

Her question was unexpected. Had Darkness been a more irritable wolf he would have responded with a sharp retort, but he wasn't and was left thinking for a moment. Why had he given himself that name? He was an amnesiac as far as he was concerned; that had to be part of the reason. Either that, or because of the slightly odd idea that he had gotten knocked out some time during the night, the first thing he had seen was darkness, and he had decided to name himself that. He explained with the former reason. "Not sure. Maybe because it describes what I think of when I try to remember where I came from."

This could have been a sensitive moment thanks to the wording of his answer, but as usual he had no desire for sympathy. Instead he went on to return a question. "This is where you're sleeping tonight?" He didn't know many wolves who really enjoyed sleeping directly under the sky at night.

<style>
.kfree-03 {margin:0px auto;width:450px;background-color:none;background-image:none;background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom;border:none;padding:0px;font-family:Georgia;font-size:12px;line-height:16px;text-align:justify;margin-top:10px;}
.kfree-03 .ooc {font-style:italic;font-size:11px;line-height:15px;text-align:left;margin:2px;text-indent:0px;}
.kfree-03 .ooc b {font-weight:bold;font-style:normal;}
.kfree-03 .divider {border-bottom:1px dotted;}
.kfree-03 p {text-indent:20px;margin:0px;padding:5px 10px;}
.kfree-03 b {font-weight:bold;letter-spacing:1px;}
.kfree-03 i {font-style:italic;letter-spacing:1px;}
.kfree-03 u {font-style:italic;text-decoration:none;font-variantConfusedmall-caps;border-bottom:1px dotted;letter-spacing:1px;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread