there's no relief in bitterness
[html]

Yay! And he wasn't on a horse, but we can pretend he is. Big Grin I don't care.

Needless to say, Jefferson Soul had been busy.

The babbling of the small creek still barely reached his ears over the noise within his own head, and yet despite such madness in his mind another sound cut through like a sharpened blade; tattered ears perked, the man swinging his gaze to the source that trailed behind him. A small sound from a small girl, innocent as any the Valley back home had to offer, but unlike most of the native AniWayans, Jefferson vaguely caught recognition for her. As the whirling worries in his mind made to disperse, the one-armed giant slid from the horse and dismissed it; it trotted merrily to the side, intent not to depart too far from its master, and drank silently from the lake.

"Sakari, right?" the brute said, brows raised but stony expression otherwise unchanged. His tone, raspy but calmed compared to what had stormed in the depths of his brain, hardly meant anything in terms of intimidation. His one-eyed gaze thinned slightly at her question — he barely knew her as anything but Dawali's niece, and one that was far too nervous or shy to ever have approached him previously. Was she worrying for the clan, or worrying for him? Try as he might, his silent analysis could bring no results.

He motioned to reply, but the voice of another confirmed the slight scent that hung over the air and signified another's presence; eye and ears flashed quickly to the male that seemed to creep from nowhere, a most terribly fragile-looking thing, and stammering in his speech on top of it. Ordinarily Jefferson might have mumbled something crass and sarcastic in the gray male's face, and ordinarily the Patriarch would not have changed his behavior for a single soul, but with the clouds of doubt and worry in his mind came a storming wind that blew away all motivation for his typical self.

"No," he answered, looking between them. "I was just... seeing the sights. I've never really gotten the chance to 'till now." A pause. "You're not... worried when I leave, are you?" Was it possible the AniWayans had already given him so much trust?

<style>
.jeffers-d04 .ooc {font-style:italic; }
.jeffers-d04 p {padding:2px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.jeffers-d04 b {color:#77321A; letter-spacing:-.2px; }
.jeffers-d04 {background-color:#FBF4B4; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/gifts/2010dec/jeffers.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:2px solid #000000; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#6F6B49; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:450px; text-align:justify; padding:10px 0px 105px 0px; }
.jeffers-d04-border {width:454px; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; margin:0 auto;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread