there's no relief in bitterness
[html]

EEP my bad guys. XD I think I just assumed he was from the mention of the horse earlier in the post DERP. Oh well now Claudius can pee himself with fear. Big Grin (426)

Claudius flinched when the horse moved and the half-wolf addressed him. He supposed that was a fitting title for a wolf that was only half there: he had half the number of eyes he should and half the number of arms he should. It was very disconcerting and Claudius couldn't manage to rip his gaze away. He felt like a bumbling, blubbering fool standing there and staring at him, but it was hard to look away.

Finally, he blinked, and glanced to Sakari when Jefferson addressed her. She revealed her full name and Claudius wondered why she had three. He only had two and his mother said that for a long time, she'd only had one. Why did wolves feel the need to dress themselves up so much with words and poetry? Claudius didn't understand it. He pondered this for a few moments until Jefferson replied, explaining that he was just exploring the AniWayan lands. Claudius nodded politely, but was quiet. He didn't really have anything to say in return, so he tucked the information away in the back of his mind for the time being.

He began to glance away when he realized Sakari was addressing him. She spoke softly and even tried to nuzzle him. Claudius froze in the spot and waited for the ordeal to be over, but said nothing in reply. He knew it was a completely normal thing to do and his instincts screamed at him to do something in return, like return the nuzzle, but he couldn't move. The part of him that was undeniably canine chirped happily, but the other side of Claudius froze at the unexpected physical contact.

He finally worked up the courage to do something back, but by then, Sakari had already turned to Jefferson and was addressing him. Claudius hated how wolves and puppies were so much more comfortable speaking than he was and he was already two years old. He was so embarrassed.

And then Sakari had volunteered them to show Jefferson around. Claudius shot her a quick questioning look, but wasn't sure if she'd seen it. He didn't know if he wanted to this, but didn't want to sound impolite. He didn't want them to think he was a big scaredy-cat, so after all was said and done, he decided to say something for himself.

"I... live a-around h-here. I c-can s-show you w-where... I l-like to f-fish..." he offered. Even though he wasn't very good at it and it wasn't the right season for fishing, he could at least do something useful.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread