there's no relief in bitterness
[html]

OOC here: Table & Coding © Hickey; 518 words

Sakari had numerous names simply because where she came from your name represented who you were as a person. Just giving your name told everyone just what they needed to know about you. Sakari was, quite simply put, eternally red and sweet. And should temperance or appearance change then so should the name because the name was no longer fitting or the true name. So an accurate name was important for one to have because meaning was everything.

As for the name Edusti Tsugi it was one that Sakari always used to reference her uncle. It was the way that she knew him. Back in the Great Tribe she would hear tales of Edusti Tsugi not Kalona Dawali. So it really was a habit that was hard to break. She was pretty much only calling him uncle and using his true name. It was a name known among the family but others didn't seem to know. Tsugi Dawali Amara, that was how she knew her uncle. So back in the Great Tribe they spoke of the exploits of Tsugi, not Dawali.

And just as she was prone to do with others she looked to Jefferson to explain. "Uncle Tsugi. Kalona Dawali. In the Great Tribe he was called Tsugi. But I guess he uses Dawali here." Either way, he would still answer her when she called him Tsugi. Perhaps it was just because it was among family. After all it was through family that she had learned of him. He hadn't been in the Great Tribe at her birth. No, she had only been told about him and that prompted her to want to be spoken as fondly as he was. To want to meet him and be just like him.

"You live out here all by yourself? Don't you get lonely?" She asked in surprise. She had figured that everyone lived in the village. She didn't know that anyone stayed all by themselves. But when Jefferson spoke to the trembling male it cause Sakari to focus on Jefferson again. "You don't have to sound mean. You already look scary." She spoke to Jefferson, quickly coming to Claudius's defense. Perhaps she shouldn't have spoken out against a leader like that. Still, she didn't like that it seemed that Claudius was being picked on. "I want to see where you fish." She whispered the words quietly to Claudius with a smile on her lips and another attempt to nuzzle him to calm him.

She kept herself close to Claudius, wanting to reassure him and such. She didn't want him feeling like he was alone anymore. She had felt just like that when she had lost both Meda and Hvnii. "Some do but I don't yet. I'm not old enough to take on those ranks yet. I have a couple of months to choose what path to take." As well as there wasn't a hunting party to join in on or food to be prepared. And there wasn't young here to look after since Sakari was the youngest. So right now there weren't duties to be attended to for her.

<style type="text/css">
.syl {width:350px; background-color:#D1D9DC; padding:5px; font-family:verdana; color:#646563; line-height:15px; text-align:justify; font-size:11px; border-bottom:1px solid black; border-left:1px solid black; border-right:1px solid black;}
.syl b {color:#68461D; font-family:georgia;}
.syl p {text-indent:39px; margin:0px;}
.sylooc {width:350px; background-color:#D1D9DC; border-top:1px solid black; border-left:1px solid black; border-right:1px solid black; padding:5px; font-family:verdana; color:#6F6F6F; line-height:15px; text-align:justify; font-size:11px;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread