horses
Dogs and wolves are completely different animals, however. I know people tend to compare them, but a dog and a wolf raised within the same control will behave differently. Nova showed this in a special where some Norwegian (HMMMM) laboratory is trying to prove how domestication in dogs occurred. Wolves behave very differently even if separated from an adult wolf and raised by humans. They do not have the same instincts in them that we have bred into dogs. That lioness with the antelope also lost a cub, from what I recall, and that overrides the instinct of pretty much everything else. ^^

I'm well aware that humans are the apex predators for all animals, but we're not discussing humans, we're talking about wolves within an RPG game behaving as humans. A wolf is still a wolf, and a horses' natural instinct unless they were raised by wolves from birth will be "omg run away". We have a lot of packs that have domesticated horses within them, but the notion of finding one in the wild that would respond is unrealistic. I'd certainly point to one of the other packs in order to get a horse, that way the issues we've had with magical taming/roping/ect. can be resolved.

Messages In This Thread