horses
@Gabriel: Yeah, the Russians already did it when they domesticated the silver fox. And you're quite right about the antelope and lioness. The point was instead of taking care of the other lion cubs, or just moving on, she raised a prey animal && that the antelope was not raised from birth but it still worked out.

@Anann: You're very right about a lot of what you say, but you really should remember that age and individual personality is a large factor. I've delt with a lot of stomping horses, but I've never been jumped on. Of course, the leader with the rope should 1, know the animal and it's tendencies as well as what it will do, wont do, and might do and 2, should never be someone unexperienced with horses. I haven't been working with horses nearly as long, but I did work with mustangs shipped down from canada. These were untamed equines, but the young ones still venture forth. That's age. It doesn't need to be born in human hands, just introduced to humans sometime before they are no longer yearlings. We used a different method that works on all livestock (sheep and cattle mainly) and I've even used it to get close to a steer. I didn't have to chase him, he only took two steps back. He didn't charge either. Basically, what is a major difference between hunters and prey? Most prey have eyes on the side of their head and hunters in the front. The trick we used was to never actually look at the animal, instead relying on side vision (cant think of how to spell the word atm) and walk softly, yet not toward the animal, but side ways. Seem alert, as he/she is, for potential danger. Works every time.

Sie already put in about what the local equines are.
Quote: It states plainly in the first paragraph that the only horses found in Nova Scotia are hardly larger than ponies
now, its totally possible to have a horse "pony-sized". Many Arabians fall into this size. Now, I think that the size of the horse is really off topic. It takes two seconds to erase horse and type pony. "Huge stallion" does not mean "tall stallion" it just means big. I don't know about the rest of you, but I picture "huge" as "thick". Thick bulky muscles, thick neck crest. If I'm not clear enough, Think of two horses the exact size, and by size i mean height. Now one's an Arabian and the other is a Quarter of the stocky type.

[html]

[/html]

The pictures are mere references.

I think the main issue is if its possible to have a tame yet unbroke horse, not the size of the horse or whether its a pony.

Messages In This Thread