horses
QUOTE (Layla @ Mar 30 2011, 01:44 AM)
Also helpful: to technically be a pony or pony sized, he must be under 15.2 hands high (thats at the withers, where the neck connects to the back). But just because he's 15.2 hh at the most, doesn't mean he can't still be "huge". All stallions get stocky and lots of muscle and a thicker crest. Just because he's short doesn't mean he won't become built like Swarzenegger-horse. Look up quarter horses. They can either be slim and tall, or short and muscle-y (depending because a LOT of people breeded quarters to Thoroughbreds). The stockier side can often be 5.2, or taller or shorter. ALSO, there are lots of herds of quarter horses in canada. That's where Animali gets most of theirs.
[/quote]
It's clear you know a lot about horses, but I was wondering where you got the 15.2 figure? I've owned and showed horses for over ten years and as far as I know every major breed standard (I saw major because I've only show stock horses, arabians, and TBs) is 14.2 to be a pony. 15.2 is just under the average height of many stock horses. It would be like saying every person under the height of 5'3" is a legal midget.

Also, (just throwing it out there if Rose is really set on befriending a horse in the wild) why not have the stallion be incapacitated when Io stumbles on him? Perhaps he has a broken leg and can't physically get away from her (of course I'm sure he'd still fend her off with bites and the like). While the horse is staggering around with a broken leg Io could erect a crude fence to keep him in and eventually befriend him. A horse with a badly broken leg isn't going to be able to jump a barrier no matter how freaked out he is. If the break is a compound fracture, he wouldn't even be able to to escape her (he could walk at a painfully slow pace at best). It seems logical enough to me that she would have time enough to use some cords to erect a pasture around a group of trees, especially if she had help (and doesn't she travel with a companion?). Anyway, just throwing that out there. =] I understand where all of you are coming from with the idea that it would be impossible but I think if we put our minds together it wouldn't be too hard for Rose to get the horse in the way she originally intended. =] Afterall, many things on the RPG are pretty inaccurate--it's what makes it so fun!

I have to pee. 0_0

Messages In This Thread