Stormy day
[html]

WC: 608

Ayasha is the first wolf to actually hear about his past; truly this is a ground breaking moment for his character.

Nickolas could have sworn that the familiar smell of Ayasha had hit his nostrils; but with the rain and mud around he was not sure. Eyes still closed he could not be sure until he heard the sound of light paw steps hitting the ground. He opened his eyes up slightly and in fact did see Ayasha standing there, fur soaked and muddy like she had been playing around. He was not surprised given how much she loved to play around; but even the sight of his pup friend could not really bring him out of his funk. It did not really help that she was a constant reminder of his youngest sister; who he had lost tragically what felt to him forever ago. Now with yellow orbs looking at her and her muddy white fur; he sighed softly as she called out his name. He was not about to turn the young pup away; they had already started to get close in the little time they had known each other. He had sort of started to feel like an older brother to her; maybe it was because he wanted to fill that empty void of his lost family. But he would never admit to anyone; he did not need anyone feeling any sorrier for him.

Before he knew it she was standing right in front of him and then he felt the touch of her dirty and muddy fur nuzzle against him. His fur started to get muddy but he did not mind that one bit; with his grey and tan fur it would have been hard to notice close up anyways. A very weak smile spread across his muzzle, arms wrapping around her gently so he could pull her onto his lap. He held there in a protective fashion; like a father would his child or a brother a sister. Nuzzling her back he looked down at her; yellow eyes gazing into her blue as he gently licked at her fuzzy forehead. He did not want to bring her down from her happy moment but she had asked; so he figured that he might as well start telling her what had been plaguing his mind ever since he had arrived at the pack.“It is a long story little one, but I will summarize it for you” he said softly as his head leaned back against the wall. “I miss my family so much; it pains my heart every day knowing that I am the only survivor of my pack”.

He was not going to mention how he and his mother had been exiled since his father had been accused of killing a pup. He had never doubted his father had been innocent; but that would do him no good now. That was the gist of it really and he had a strong feeling that she was going to ask him even more about his family. He really wanted to let out how he felt useless to the pack; and how he was afraid that he was going to be kicked out any day. His mother and father had died to protect him from that monstrous blizzard; and now he felt like he was putting their sacrifice to shame by being the mere shell of a real wolf. It had not been the snow itself that had killed them; it had been the lack of food and his parents not eating that had finally done them in. Even thinking about that awful time started to bring tears to his eyes; and he knew that it was too late to catch them before Ayasha would notice them.

<style type="text/css">
.ca01 b {font-weight:bold; color:#FFA500; letter-spacing:1px; }
.ca01 .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.ca01 p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.ca01 {margin:0px auto; width:400px; background-color:#3d3d3d; background-image:url(http://i910.photobucket.com/albums/ac30 ... 46_l-1.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 300px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#000000; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread