You have to learn to face it all
[html]
[/html]NOT ALLOWED
(WC: 360)[html]
[/html] Claudius looked up quickly when Dawali suggested talking to the other craftsmen. There were others? He had never met them, though he had never tried, so he was surprised when Dawali mentioned them. Who were they? What were their names? What sorts of crafts did they specialize in? While Claudius worked primarily with dyes and could construct a very basic hut with assistance, he didn't think he had many other skills. So naturally he assumed the other craftsmen would understand one key area like he did, since no one could know everything. He didn't think the chances of there being someone who could make what he wanted was very high, but he supposed he could seek one of them out (or two, depending on how many there were) to inquire about it.

As they moved outside, Claudius couldn't help but notice Dawali's sad expression. Had he done something wrong? Had he offended the Chief with his lack of furniture? Certainly, many AniWayans used their bipedal forms while Claudius used all of his where they suited him, so he didn't have any specialized furniture. Plus, he didn't have anything to trade for them if he did. And either way, he liked sitting on the floor. But was this wrong? Was there some sort of AniWayan cultural practice he did not understand since he was not truly an AniWayan like the others? He had been born here and followed the customs with relish, but he knew his isolation meant he could be seen as a social recluse (which he was) and therefore shunned more easily. He hoped his heritage as a non-AniWayan in AniWaya, his social awkwardness, and his lack of furniture did not outcast him too far from the others. He just wanted to fit in.

Dawali smiled and then mentioned the weather, but Claudius didn't think it was that important.

"Yes," he replied blankly. "Did I do something w-wrong, Dawali? I-I'll go sp-speak to those craftsmen, if you kn-o-o-ow the-eir na-ames, b-but I didn't kn-ow any of them, I'm s-s-s-sorry. I don't mean to..." he trailed off, unsure of what he'd done. "I didn't me-e-e-ean t-to disres-s-spect y-y-you or A...ni-wa-w-way-a-aa."
[html]
[/html]

Messages In This Thread