You have to learn to face it all
[html]
[/html]He is going to do both with the plot, so you're in luck! 8)
WC: 323[html]
[/html]Claudius quickly realized that Chief Dawali was being sympathetic, but in the wrong ways. No, he didn’t know Cherokee, but the problem wasn’t just that: he should have learned Cherokee somehow. These were all faults of his own, things to which he was completely responsible. He wasn’t going to try and fool himself into thinking otherwise. If he had been braver, he would have been able to find someone and ask for their help, or trade his services in exchange. If he had been stronger, he would have sought out Dawali more often, and through conversation, he would have learned of Dawali’s artistic talents. But he wasn’t brave and he wasn’t strong, so in the end, it was all his fault, no matter how much Dawali wanted to baby him.

So when Dawali questioned him, Claudius remained mulishly silent. He didn’t want to tell Dawali all this because just explaining the beginning of it had taken so much energy. Besides, he didn’t care if it was a ‘woman’s chore’; that was stupid and sexist and Claudius didn’t really like men anyways. Dawali was the only one he trusted. Even now, Dawali proved that Claudius could trust him, but that was it. Claudius couldn’t rely on him to play the father role because he just didn’t know Claudius well enough, and that was entirely Claudius’ fault.

“It is,” Claudius began slowly, proud to hear that pure determination kept the stutter out of his voice. He stared down at his hands. “I was… weak and… I sh-should ha-a-a-ave ta-a-alked to you more.” He frowned and then looked up at Dawali, his expression darkening. “You w-w-were li-i-ike m-my father…” he began, and then stopped. He could not waver. He could not shake. “When my real one… wa…s… gone. When Haku Soul was gone.” Claudius paused, searching Dawali’s face for recognition. Had Tayui revealed who Haku was… and what he had done to Noir? Did Dawali know? [html]
[/html]

Messages In This Thread