Don't find fault, find a remedy.
[html]

Word Count: 558 | This is not a mandatory thread to reply to, but I am playing as if everyone is present.

Each movement was made deliberately. Gabriel’s shoulder caused him immeasurable pain with each step, but he had been warned about shifting to his Optime form for fear of what might happen to the bones and muscles with the change. Yet he had made his way to the Mansion with only minor difficulty, Enkiel at his side to study his movements. The swelling had reduced some, but it was still raw and painful. Numerous other cuts plagued his body, but none of them were deeper than a flesh wound. It was lucky he had survived at all; Marlowe had not, his smaller form crushed by the stones that had brought the mountain down on them.

Halo was at the entrance when he arrived, and came out to meet him. He imagined he saw worry in her eyes, but dismissed it. After all, Gabriel had been her age when the leadership had been thrust on him. She would either rise to meet it or falter. The trio settled on the porch and Gabriel called for the clan, his voice still rough and gravely but no longer painful. The jackal’s medicine was doing its duty well.

One by one they came, and ignoring what looks he gathered for his wounds, and certainly ignoring his mother, the wolfish Aquila began to speak. “I’ve called you here to announce several things; first and foremost that Kaena has stepped down from her role as a leader,” he paused momentarily, feeling the half-truth singe his mouth. “As an elder, you are to treat her with the same respect you have in the past. Those of you who are not yet within the Immunes ranks are to assist her with whatever she requires. The leadership will rely on her suggestions as to what roles you best fall into.” Another pause, this time to clear a throat still raw from the earth. “As of today, Halo serves as our new Centurion. She has proven her strength to us all and shown loyalty that is unquestioned.”

Gabriel shifted his weight, taking it on his right side. Seated as he was, it was a minor and almost invisible move. Weakness was something he did not wish to show. “Last night the path that leads to Occasus Promontorium collapsed. This is the second rockslide that has occurred since the mountains were claimed, and I will not see anyone else hurt by them.” He spared a glance to Sage, recalling the warning he had given and how it had been ignored. She had gotten off lucky. They both had.

“With that in mind, our territory his shifting to the west. It will give us lands further away from wolves, especially now that a pack has taken up residence in the hills and already killed one of our own.” The Ulrich’s had suffered as well, and after Itzal’s betrayal, he had no faith that Anathema would be kind to them. “We will keep our borders save the northern one. I have sent my son to mark the new borders—his scent is close enough to mine to be recognizable. Those of you with horses will be able to explore quickly, and I suggest you do so and let the rest of us know what you find.”

With that the Aquila settled into silence, waiting for the questions he certainly knew would come.

<style>
.mel-crosstxt-box {background-image:url(http://imgur.com/D0dTU.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position: top center; width:178px; height:237px; float:right; margin:3px; }
.mel-crosstxt {font-family:'times new roman', times, serif; font-size: 14px; letter-spacing:0px; word-spacing:2px; text-align: left; margin:0px 25px;}
.mel-crosstxt .ooc {font-style:italic; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:11px; text-align:justify;}
.mel-crosstxt .wc {text-transform: uppercase; font-weight:bold;}
.mel-crosstxt p {text-indent: 25px; margin:0px; padding:0px 5px;}
.mel-crosstxt b {letter-spacing:1px; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; letter-spacing:-.05em;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread