Joining- By Fortuna's Will
Despite the fact that it hurt, Delilah knew there was another reason why she rarely spoke about her past: pity. She didn't want pity. She was a strong wolfdog, and she could fend for herself. Who said she needed a family? The idea of rejecting company reminded her what she was doing. She was joining a pack so she didn't have to live alone. Still, she could have companionship without pity....

Shoving away the thoughts, Delilah turned her attention back to the question. "I'm trying to learn how to use a shortbow," she answered, holding up the weapon. "And I know a good technique for hunting in pairs. I also know how to read a little...." Reading wasn't quite a valuable skill to Delilah and she spent more time experimenting with her shortbow, but she knew that some canines couldn't read at all so it didn't hurt to bring it up.

Hunting technique wasn't exactly a skill. She couldn't read well. She could barely use a shortbow. Delilah had only given three half-skills. Maybe she should have perfected the shortbow or learned to read entire books before she had come to the borders. It was too late now. Well, at least now she had a better chance to learn... if she was accepted. She couldn't wait to cross the border to enter a new home....

Messages In This Thread