The Fool's Spring
[html]

LATE-DERP! D:

"No, no, not at all," Ralla quickly mended, stroking Ayasha over the head and on the cheek. She could see how quickly one facial expression had turned her daughter's mood around, and it hurt Ralla a little to know that she had done so. With all the questions--as pups around Ayasha's age were wont to do, after all--Ralla supposed that she had forgotten a parent's gaze, and how much she had once looked up to her own father for approval, and cringed away when he was mad. "I'm not angry, sweetheart," she said, deciding that that would be her pet name for the pup. She always called younger pups 'little one', so why couldn't Ayasha have her own calling? "Nor am I angry at J'adore. Just...promise me to ride with J'adore, Liliana, Kemo, or I? Just until you're a little older?" She said it with a gentle tone, not meant to demand or intimidate.

With a soft smile down at her daughter, Ralla thought how cute she was, playing shy. Oh, she knew all too well how open she was with a lot of wolves, but seeing her this way was nice, sometimes, too. How odd that she would be shy of Shiloh though; although she also contributed this to her memories of a much younger pup fading, as they had perhaps done with Kemo until then. "Thank you, Shiloh!" Ralla exclaimed, turning the small totem in her hands. It was well-carved--and how peculiar that it should turn out to be an owl like Nootau!--and certainly showed the girl's skill. With a thought she attributed Nootau's form to a few things; one, the Great Spirits coordinating it with Shiloh's carving; two, his form being that of the Wayfarer sign; and three, her need for wisdom and spiritual connection, the very core of the owl. She would hang this above her sleeping place in her tree hut as a guardian pendant, she conceived, as she grasped it firmly in her fingers. With a subtle, encouraging head bob, Ralla indicated for Ayasha to say hello.

Moon walks. "Moon talks." Moon thinks.

<style>
.fireplz .ooc {font-style:italic; }
.fireplz p {padding:2px 0px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.fireplz b {color:#000000; letter-spacing:-.2px; text-shadow:#ffffff 0px 0px 2px; }
.fireplz {background-color:#000000; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/Unspc.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:2px solid #FFFFFF; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#000000; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:450px; text-align:justify; }
.fireplz-border {width:452px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto;}
.fireplz .inner {margin:10px 10px 320px 10px; padding:10px; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/25pct_white.png); border:1px solid #000000; border-radius:20px;-moz-border-radius:20px; -webkit-border-radius:20px;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread