Just tonight
[html]

Word Count: 452
Back-Dated: 28/03/11 - Evening
Sorry 'bout the delay there :3 Lemme know if the back-date is okay, as i can change it ^^

The pale, grey male swayed as the trees around him twisted and turned. An arm feebly reached forward, seeking anything solid to grasp onto; but all it found was air, nothing to support the intoxicated male. His stomach hurt and he could feel sick rise and fall in his throat, but he didn’t mind the small un-pleasantries; they allowed him to escape from his reality. Vaguely, he felt at his side for his flask, it took him a few attempts to locate it and even more to release the lid, but a pleasant rush filled him as the liquid burnt down his throat, warming his insides.

“Here I am, and I can’t seem to see straight.
But I’m too numb to feel right now”

His low voice broke through the silence of the surrounding forest; he swung around humming the song to himself. As he continued to stumble forward, pain hit his ankle and before he had time to process what had happened he found himself face first in a stream; the cool, trickling water sobering him up, if only a little.

Pale, ice blue eyes opened to simply stare at the clear running water; it wrapped it’s way around his face and side, it’s cool caress soaking his light fur to that of darker shades. Rolling over onto his back, he looked up to see the tall trees that surrounded him, their branches so close together that they partially blocked out the setting sun. For once, he knew where he was; Ethereal Eclipse, the dense trees giving the game away.

“Do you understand, who I am.
Do you want to know?”

He stretched his arms over his head, the water further soaking his fur, but he didn’t care. Everything around him seemed so peaceful; his eyes closed as he listened to the life that surrounded him. A bird sang in the distance, it’s repetitive high notes echoing through the trees.

“Just tonight, I will stay. And we’ll throw it all away.
When the light hits your eyes, it’s telling me I’m right.”

Awkwardly, he rose to a sitting position but made no attempt to get out of the stream. With effort, he crossed his legs, and then positioned one arm behind him to support his weight. Once satisfied he wasn’t going to fall back down, he looked at his ankle and let out a laugh. It would seem he’d tripped himself up, how funny.

Blindly, he reached for his flask with his free hand and took a long swig, before closing the cap and letting the container fall gently back to his side. Alcohol and solitude eased him, erased his fears and concerns and made everything, if only temporarily, seem ok.

<style type="text/css">
.alexcollins b {font-weight:bold; color:#444444; letter-spacing:1px; }
.alexcollins .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.alexcollins p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.alexcollins {margin:0px auto; width:400px; background-color:#FFFFFF; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/nTBYq.jpg); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #adadad; padding: 10px 0px 265px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#000000; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread