Just A Bit Of Luck
[html]

Ralla, stop mumbling to yourself >.>

"I remember knowing a young wolf--about your age when I met him," she began, fondly remembering Frodo Silvertongue, who was the son of some of the luperci she had traveled up to Nova Scotia with. "Gypsy luperci are just as superstitious as us, even if our beliefs differ. But it's an ancient legend that the clover protected a nomad clan from a land far across the water from a plague of snakes. Ah, that's what they're for," she murmured while crinkling her nose, suddenly remembering the use of the small leaf; warding off the poisons of the inner and outer self. Perhaps that was the only way she could ever remember the properties of fauna; through story.

At first Ralla had assumed that the girl had only wanted to make her own chain, and so Ralla had gone along with that idea with the intention of not stealing her thunder. But with a kind voice she offered to show the white wolfess, and so Ralla nodded happily, taking up two clovers to mimic however Sakari would show her. She felt like a young girl again--Listen to me; you'd think I was an old woman!--in the fields, picking flowers. Thereof there had been no one who would play with her or accept her flower gifts, but it had made her feel happier than always sitting beneath the stars. With a thought she came to the conclusion that she would prefer the stars anyway, only that she could not always be cooped up in a cave. "Ah, that's right," she said, as if she just remembered, "it's spring." Which meant a new set of traditions. Granted she had never experienced an AniWayan spring, but she had been given an overview of the traditions practiced by the tribe since she had asked and was so intent on chronicling everything. But chronicling would include script, which she would have to remind J'adore to teach her.

Immediately she regretted calling Nootau over so crassly, but it didn't appear as if Sakari were hurt by a reminder or that she had perceived the gesture as bragging, so she followed through on her actions. With respect Sakari had lowered her head to the animal, and obligingly Nootau had done the same, which was something Ralla had not expected from the stoic bird. Jumping down, the barn owl pecked once at the pile of clovers that Ralla had made and went to perch on a nearby rock, munching contentedly on the grass. "You know...I could've sworn that owls didn't eat clovers," she said in jest, half to Nootau in scolding and half to Sakari in puzzlement. Sighing she continued to make a chain of clovers as Sakari had shown her, a smile returning to her face as she got further into her work. "Never mind him, Sakari. Besides, you'll have yours soon enough. You must be old enough to be a Sedali, yes?" The work was calming, making the chain. It had the same methodic rythmn as reciting a song or painting a star chart, bringing Ralla to hum a tune in her own satisfaction of peace the further that they got into the clover threading.

Moon walks. "Moon talks." Moon thinks.

<style type="text/css">
.rallagift b {font-weight:bold; color:#F8F6F3; letter-spacing:.0px; }
.rallagift-ooc { font-style:italic; padding:15px; font-family:verdana, serif; font-size:10px; color:#F8F6F3; text-align:right; }
.rallagift p {text-indent:30px; padding:5px 8px; margin:0px;}
.rallagift {margin:0 auto; width:400px; background-color:#040303; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v313/ ... astars.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 250px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: verdana, serif; font-size:11px; color:#C66A26; line-height:15px; letter-spacing:.0px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
Table by Meghann!

[/html]

[Image: RallaP-1.png]

Messages In This Thread