Look Through My Eyes
[html]

No worries :3

She knew him by name, as many of the other AniWayans had, though like the others Jefferson could not return the favor. Dawali had mentioned numerous times a white female with some symbol on her forehead and spoke highly of her each time; Jefferson put two and two together rather easily, and as he drew closer, the male found it rather appropriate for the two to meet. "That's me," he said, listening to the off-tune ring of his name in the peaceful AniWayan name. It was far too rough, too bloody a title to be so openly admitted in such a place of tranquility, and yet there was nothing he could do.

She was rather unnaturally full of surprise — well, it was natural in a way, seeing how most typically reacted to the sight of the monster — but more questions abounded in her eyes than in most. Clearly he was not supposed to have seen what he did, which he naturally could not explain; the man was a very unsentimental, unromantic creature, and most of their AniWayan smoke-and-mirrors spirits and magic had no effect on him physically and mentally only because he did not will himself to follow or believe. He did not mind the existence of their "spirit animals," if that's what they insisted they were, but he refused to be caught up in it and blinded even barely from his natural, independent instincts and decisions that were all his own.

"Oh," he said, shrugging, ears flicking, "nothing. Probably my imagination." Not that he had much of one.

She introduced herself as Ralla and the cyclops nodded in acknowledgement. "Sure thing," he said, shrugging once more. "The big guy speaks pretty highly of you. I guess I can see why."

<style>
.jeffers-d04 .ooc {font-style:italic; }
.jeffers-d04 p {padding:2px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.jeffers-d04 b {color:#77321A; letter-spacing:-.2px; }
.jeffers-d04 {background-color:#FBF4B4; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/gifts/2010dec/jeffers.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:2px solid #000000; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#6F6B49; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:450px; text-align:justify; padding:10px 0px 105px 0px; }
.jeffers-d04-border {width:454px; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; margin:0 auto;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread