leave your mouth talking
Wordcount:: 3+

The woman emerged from behind him, her dark plush form a detached shadow from the inside of the cave. It was not long before her stride fell into pace with his own - Sirius' long legs enabled him to take slower, more energy-efficient paces than her. But there was little doubt in his mind that if he ever managed to teach her how to hunt the illusive white-tailed deer that could sometimes be found this far up the mountain, driven away by the scent of Inferni and their own taste for the dried-out bark, then the coffee male had little doubt that her muscular form would be perfectly constructed for it.

The task he was about to set for her, however, required a little more... Finesse. Her subtle jab was rewarded with a crocodile grin, and apple eyes slid to her form momentarily before fixing back on the invisible path he trod. "Well, my dear, I can assure you that you'll be absolutely dripping with joy when you find out," He cooed in a slick tone, smile growing to show sharp wolfish teeth.

The rocky path soon wove downwards beneath the pair's feet, and as Sirius navigated closer to where he knew the best specific hunting-ground to be, he cast surreptitious glances toward the Tuyul. She was endearing, in spite of Sirius' short fuse with her spawn, and he did indeed consider her to be close family in this pack. Nostalgically, he thought of the half-sisters he missed, and spared a moment to wonder if they too paced the same ground as he, somewhere far beyond the vision of the lanky man's apple gaze. Inside, in a dark place, he hoped desperately that Addison had done what he had told her to. He craved for their faces, but instead managed to fixate on the faces of those around him - Naniko and Eris, primarily. Larkspur was Eris' thing; A respectable pack member, but belonging to the coal Tuyul, just as her children did.

The gentle, melodic sound of freshly melted water rippling shallowly over smooth stone heralded their arrival at the mountain stream. His withdrawn expression once more became one of arrogant pleasure. "Ready to get your feet a little wet, Eris?" He drawled, bounding across a few boulders that protruded from the glassy surface with an agility that belied his tall frame, "Today, I'm going to teach you how to fish."

Messages In This Thread