And we'll comfort eachother, despite the odds...
[html]

Crab hunting. Fun times. XD

Matteo couldn't help but tilt his head, lips curling into an amused quirk. "I heat the meat over a fire so it is not as chewy or slimey." He was surprised that the little pup didn't know what cooking something meant. He grew up on cooked food back in Italy, and the old-fashioned ways of living in Canada was baffling to him sometimes. Who in their right mind would feed a pup raw meat?

She introduced herself as Eclipse, then proceeded to ask (in the same sentence) where she could find a crab of her own. He smiled. "They are under the sand and behind rocks. You have to be careful, though, Signorina Eclipse. They have claws on their front legs that they can use to pinch you with." He stood up then, gesturing for her to follow.

"I will help you find one for yourself, okay? It is not hard." His Italian accent kept him from speaking the same way as most wolves around these parts. He couldn't merge words the right way, despite being able to speak fluent English. As such, his sentences came out longer than needed at times. "What is such a young lady doing so far away from any pack? Where is your family?"

As he walked, there was an obvious submissive quality to each step. His tail curled seemingly on its own, tucking just slightly towards his legs. His ears were kept low and each step was silent and light-footed, as if the boy were expecting danger and was ready to flee at any given moment. Still, with Eclipse around, Matteo's steps had also taken on a more meaningful stride; if danger did come, he was ready to scoop her up in the same fluid motion as his escape. If that danger proved faster than him...

For the first time, Matteo mused, he felt as if he could take on a bear and win. Being around the tiny pup gave him a sense of estranged pride and power. It made him feel wanted, useful and important; should anyone come with a threat to their safety, Matteo knew, somehow, that he'd be the one to keep this little pup safe.

But why am I the one taking care of her right now? Where are her parents? Her family? His thoughts faded a bit as he looked down at her, concern gleaming behind faded eyes. I mean, as long as I'm the only adult around.. I'm in charge of keeping her safe. She's not really my problem, but somehow I don't think I could take letting her wander off alone again. She's so young. She probably can't even shift yet.

Still pondering this, boy came to an instinctive stop beside a rather large rock. On it, various sea life had taken refuge in the tiny white stumps that littered the top and sides. Underneath it, a crab was likely taking shelter from the low tide. "Come here and watch. I am going to lift this rock and flush out a crab if there is any underneath. I want you to catch it. Do not use your teeth, try and use your paws." He knew the pup would end up getting nipped; he'd been nipped plenty of times back in those learning stages.

<style type="text/css">
.Matteofreebe01 b {font-weight:bold; color:#8b7e36; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #000000; }
.Matteofreebe01-ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#7c7b59; text-align:right;}
.Matteofreebe01 p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.Matteofreebe01 {margin:0 auto; width:430px; background-color:#000000; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v121/ ... freeb1.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #745e25; padding: 180px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#7c7b59; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:.8px; line-height:12px; text-align:justify;}
.Matteofreebe01-border1 {width:432px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto;}
.Matteofreebe01-line1 {width:400px; border-bottom:1px dotted #504f30; margin:0 auto 3px auto;}
</style>
#00+
[/html]

Messages In This Thread