And we'll comfort eachother, despite the odds...
[html]

Lesson one; crabs bite back.

Despite the puppy's obvious pain, Matteo smiled. I did the same thing... It was nice to think that he'd been so innocent. Deciding she'd had enough, Teo let the rock ease to the ground again and he scooped down, grabbing the offending critter behind the shell and holding it up. Using his other hand, still with that small smile, he gently reached over to lay his hand on Eclipse's head. "They are mean little things. Don't worry, I think you will like them more once they are cooked."

Matteo smirked, an expression rare for the submissive boy, but still fitting in a way. "I got pinched too the first time. With practice comes perfection." He winked, then stood, turning only to bend down and grab up the other little buggers before they too escaped. He waved a hand for her to follow, and trudged back to his bag. "I will build us a fire. You should find some long white sticks on the beach. The smooth ones. They will help us cook our meal."

Matteo's voice was patient, calm and reassuring. Something he knew how to do well was make others feel better. He trotted back over to his bag and grabbed up a little container he'd brought with him, dropping the offending crabs into it and setting it aside. Then, curiously enough, he started to dig a hole in the dry sand, where the water couldn't reach once the tide was high. Matteo was busy building a beach variation of a fire pit.

<style type="text/css">
.Matteofreebe01 b {font-style:italic; font-weight:bold; color:#8b7e36; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #000000; }
.Matteofreebe01-ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#7c7b59; text-align:right;}
.Matteofreebe01 p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.Matteofreebe01 {margin:0 auto; width:430px; background-color:#000000; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v121/ ... freeb1.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #745e25; padding: 180px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#7c7b59; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:.8px; line-height:12px; text-align:justify;}
.Matteofreebe01-border1 {width:432px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto;}
.Matteofreebe01-line1 {width:400px; border-bottom:1px dotted #504f30; margin:0 auto 3px auto;}
</style>
#00+
[/html]

Messages In This Thread