Speech Question/Discussion
This is something I've been trying to figure out on my own for a while now, and the most recent formspring question helped me, but I still have questions.

I read the Speech Guide and it prompted a question pertaining to a character I really want to play, though it'd likely be temporary, and not yet.

For the characters that can speak low-speech, such as Naniko (I think? I think I skimmed that once?), they cannot have written-dialogue conversations with low-speech speaking animals anymore? This changes the way that characters that learned low-speech can use their skills, but how much?

This next question was prompted by the FS question... If Marlowe, a raven, could learn broken high-speech, is is plausible that another low-speech speaking animal could also learn extremely broken high speech? Where, if at all, is the limit?

Basically... Where and what, if any, are the limits on the boundaries? I know it'd be difficult to understand a low-speech speaking character's broken high speech, but if a high-speech speaking animal can learn to understand and try to use low-speech, is it not plausible it'd be the same the other way, like with Marlowe? Or am I over-thinking and is it just not plausible or allowed?

Messages In This Thread