Velvet Covered Darkness
[html]

Word Count : 400+ || OOC : This works, yes?

Black paws pounded the earth, racing over the land, weaving between trees. The blur of motion was white and black. There was a splash of red in there, but it was so minor that it may have been a flower in the background. Suddenly there was a leap, a crash, a snap. Tumbling to a halt was the white and black form of a female loner that had been sniffing out Nova Scotia for the past month. Next to her was the brown mound of a rabbit, but its state would best not be mentioned. With a huff, Layla rolled onto her feet and nuzzled the limp form with her large secui nose. Now satisfied, she rose up and sat on her hindquarters, panting softly.

Layla looked to the east and drew in a deep breath. She knew Anathema boundaries were this way when she was pursuing her prey. She had kept on because out here in the wilderness, it was often eat or die and it was no matter what the risk was. The female hoped she hadn't, however, and seems she didn't after all, according to her nose. She was close though, too close for a comfortable meal with the fresh kill. It could look bad. Instead, Layla dug a hole quickly, dropped in the rabbit, and covered it quickly with dirt. She silently wished she knew how to hunt better.

Shaking her pelt, Layla shifted to her bipedal form. It was by far her favorite form to use. It just came natural to her. It was truly amazing how easy thumbs made everything. Relaxing into her optime body, she ran her hands through her ink black hair. She had brushed it so often that her fingers didn’t snag in the waves and curls. She pulled the tiny leather bag from her neck and took out a piece of rope and red cloth, letting the pouch to fall on top of the buried rabbit.

The female put the tiny loincloth on around her hips. It didn't conceal much or lend any modesty, but she was once told it gave her a small taint of mystery. Layla barely walked twenty feet when she scented a wolf. She was nearly right on the border, so it would make sense that whoever it was belonged to the pack Anathema. Stopping, she held stock still and faced the source of the scent. "Hello?" she called. "I am a loner and peace follows me where I go." Hopefully whoever it was would get too excited and attack her.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread