Velvet Covered Darkness
[html]

Word Count : 300+ || OOC : Oh, I apologize. I had meant it as she scented a wolf, but didnt mean that was Matteo. And since Matteo came from the wrong direction anyway, I'll show you what I mean ^^

Layla's ears were pinned straight forward and her eyes strained. She was doing anything to notice a sign of the other wolf. There was nothing, no one and no sign. A voice with bold words came from behind her and she twisted around to see its source with hackles raised. It was a male dressed in clothing as she had never seen before. He carried two small dead birds and though his posture was aggressive, it seemed empty. This was no wolf before her. She might have been over confident, but she knew this male was no real threat.

Layla's body visibly relaxed. It was then that the female had notice her fur had bristled along her shoulders and down her back. She smoothed her fur with her hands and tidied her appearance quickly. He was warning her that her kill had better not been Anathema's. She looked up at him as he eyed her recent kill's hiding place. He had an accent to his voice she hadn't heard another wolf speak before. It really was quite lovely.

"Actually this is near Anathema territory, it's five feet behind me," Layla said sarcastically. Sarcasm was her best defense technique against assertive actions. "I apologize, I'm just a little ruffled from being startled." Layla added in a remorseful voice. This guy was probably just trying to be a good pack member. Layla looked over her shoulder. She still scented a wolf, but he might be a long way off. He or she was upwind, there was no real way to know for sure.

Looking back to the white male, she tried to explain, "No I chased it here from the edge of the Dampwoods. I'm not exactly the best hunter in Canada." Layla shrugged her shoulders and offered a small smile. "I hope you believe me, because it's the truth. Really, I don't want to get off on the wrong foot. I'm quite friendly." Layla blinked, looking down at her mound briefly. Raising her head, she slowly walked back to it and offered her hand. There was a chance he knew what a handshake was. "I'm Layla, by the by, just another loner. Who might you be, foreigner?" she introduced herself.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread