one saw mud but the other saw stars
[html]

Word Count → 346

How much was safe to share? The coal hybrid wondered this faintly, her chartreuse eyes focused on the other canine. They seemed to be on simpatico terms where the Atototzli was concerned, but Eris held no love for the Kimaris within herself anymore. She could not remember the last months spent there, true enough; it was very much as if those weeks had been scrubbed neatly from her head, wiped over with some impossibly strong eraser. Still, she could remember her downfall, how angry they'd been, how unfair it was for them to hold against her a lie she had been told. It wasn't as if she'd simply labeled herself Astaroth's daughter; he had been the one to tell her this.

“Eris Eternity. Maybe Eris Kimaris, in another life, but not anymore,” she answered slowly, that nervousness rising in her once again. She hadn't relinquished her Lykoi surname within Eterne, but she hadn't introduced herself as such, either. She'd just been Eris back then. “For a long time, I thought Astaroth was my father. Isn't true,” she added, clarifying her cryptic speech. “I didn't know Mantus was gone. Sorry,” she said, thinking it was the appropriate thing to say. Mantus had been the one to take her in, true enough, but he had also been the one to cast her out. Mantus giveth, Mantus taketh away -- and now he, too, was gone.

“I lived in Eterne with your family for a long time. Must have just missed you,” she said, tilting her head to the side. She thought she would have remembered a pregnancy; such a thing would have been announced with no small amount of fanfare within the Kimaris household. There was no overt anger in Eris for what had happened to her in Eterne; she could not recall the worst of it, and though she thought it incredibly unfair she would be cast out for something not even her own fault, she wasn't the sort to hold a grudge, most certainly not against a canine who had nothing to do with Eris's past.

<style>
.eris-bones {font-family:'times new roman', times, serif; font-size: 14px; line-height:18px; letter-spacing:0px; word-spacing:2px; text-align: left; padding:0px; margin:0px auto; width:500px;}
.eris-bones .inner {background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/SkPwo.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:10px 0px 0px 0px;}
.eris-bones .ooc {font-style:italic; font-size:11px; text-align:justify; margin:0px auto; padding:5px 0px; width:500px; font-family:tahoma, geneva, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.eris-bones .ooc p {padding:0px;margin:0px; text-indent:10px; }
.eris-bones .tagline {font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:14px; text-transform:uppercase; text-align:center; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/UzSoX.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:top center; height:36px; }
.eris-bones .wc {text-transform: uppercase; font-weight:bold; font-style:normal;}
.eris-bones p {text-indent: 45px; margin:0px; padding:8px 15px;}
.eris-bones b { letter-spacing:-.05em;}
.eris-bones u {text-decoration: none; border-bottom:1px dotted #000000; font-style:italic; font-variantConfusedmall-caps;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread