one saw mud but the other saw stars
[html]

Word Count → 669 Derping about Dieriel. >___> Not sure if right. :\ Also i lahv the way she says name <3

The coal-hued woman might not have understood the flaxen canine's concept of family not too long ago -- in her former perspective, blood was the best tie linking a family together. While she didn't fully subscribe to the notion that she was family with every canine within Anathema, she was turning toward it, slowly -- her own family was cobbled together from distantly related pieces, creating something of a nuclear group. Eris wasn't one to trust easily, and while she trusted no harm would come to her in Anathema, it didn't meant she would share her deeper secrets with a virtual stranger simply because they were among the same pack. That didn't seem to be an expectation, however, and her initial fears regarding the practice were quickly alleviated. She nodded her head slowly to show she understood.

“I understand,” she said, rather simply. She'd been cast out for something outside her her control, and while maybe some deeper part of her understood, the larger part of her would not release the scorn in being cast out of their midst. Metetztli had been good to her, and so had Baphomet -- while she liked the former more than the latter, Baphomet had taught her about the religion. Whatever she'd had to abandon from it, she appreciated what she had been able to absorb. Once upon a time, Eris might have been offended, but now she did not care. Now, she rather agreed, and nodded again, sighing softly.

“No. I know that now. Look at my kids -- can't even tell they're part coyote, I don't think.” The agreement was spoken flatly, though there was that faint undertone of hurt lurking there. She had thought she had found a place in the world, and much of it had turned out to be utter balderdash. “I think maybe they knew, but they didn't care, or they were so desperate they fooled themselves. Mecatl, you know?” she said, shaking her head with a faint smile. So desperate to continue themselves they would accept falsehood in lieu of extinction -- it made sense to her, anyway. She did not know why she had been accepted in Eterne so long; those outside of her family had often whispered of her impossible heritage and her too-wolfish appearance. It was only the defense of her own family that seemed to keep them at bay, though in the end they'd finally accepted it as truth.

“Dieriel?” she asked, her coal-shaded ears perking inquisitively at the mention of this new name. Metetzli was infertile, as far as Eris could tell, and Baphomet would not engage in continuation of the line. Dieriel was the only other possibility, or so she thought. Her false aunt, her favorite -- the sable-shaded woman remembered her soft-spoken demeanor fondly, though the coal-hued woman never understood why she had allowed herself to become subordinate to her brothers. Quiet and submissive as she'd ended up, there was a glittering and razor-sharp intelligence lurking beneath the surface, carefully concealed, it seemed.

“I told -- someone, I don't remember -- my mother's heritage, and they figured she wasn't wolf enough to have a kid looking like me with Asta. Don't suppose you get to looking like this with a coyote and a half-coyote, anyway.” The coyote smiled again at this, that faintly bitter smile that held little happiness but instead seemed forced upon her face, as if turning the great tragedy of her life to comedy would make it any better. And it was Eris's great tragedy -- or one of them, anyway. Everything that had ever happened was, blown to gross disproportion by the coal-hued woman.

“Next thing I know, Dieriel is sending me off, telling me not to come back,” the hybrid said, her ears twitching at this. Something didn't seem right -- it seemed plausible enough, but there was something wrong with the memories there. It had been summer when she discussed Kaena's heritage, and what passed for winter in Eterne when she had departed.

<style>
.eris-bones {font-family:'times new roman', times, serif; font-size: 14px; line-height:18px; letter-spacing:0px; word-spacing:2px; text-align: left; padding:0px; margin:0px auto; width:500px;}
.eris-bones .inner {background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/SkPwo.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:10px 0px 0px 0px;}
.eris-bones .ooc {font-style:italic; font-size:11px; text-align:justify; margin:0px auto; padding:5px 0px; width:500px; font-family:tahoma, geneva, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.eris-bones .ooc p {padding:0px;margin:0px; text-indent:10px; }
.eris-bones .tagline {font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:14px; text-transform:uppercase; text-align:center; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/UzSoX.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:top center; height:36px; }
.eris-bones .wc {text-transform: uppercase; font-weight:bold; font-style:normal;}
.eris-bones p {text-indent: 45px; margin:0px; padding:8px 15px;}
.eris-bones b { letter-spacing:-.05em;}
.eris-bones u {text-decoration: none; border-bottom:1px dotted #000000; font-style:italic; font-variantConfusedmall-caps;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread